2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1268 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,242
Cheers Ian
i think the hybrid option might be the way to go but could you do the S in blue like you did for my door sill details
Thanks
Andy View attachment 294602
Evening Andy.

Cool, yeah I think it will be quite a nice effect once done.

Let me try and make one up for you, like you attached with the same build number? That way if it works out nice, it's all done for you :)

Ian Contessa

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hey mate

Just an enquiry, are you able to do a one off build number decal?
I am looking for someone to make me up one for me in white gloss which would withstand exterior use

Would want it to read ‘CW R-0202’

Attached an example of what i am thinking

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,245
Hi Ian
yes please i would like that build number
Thanks
Again
Andy
Evening Andy.

No problem, what do you think of these?
The S with the little tare I'm going to swap that with another now, easier to spot on the photos.

Ian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,246
Hey mate

Just an enquiry, are you able to do a one off build number decal?
I am looking for someone to make me up one for me in white gloss which would withstand exterior use

Would want it to read ‘CW R-0202’

Attached an example of what i am thinking

Thanks
Evening Buddy.

Yes I can, if you let me know the maximum length and height, I can size the text to suit. Together we can then find a font style you like.
Vinyl is rated for 3 to 5 year and is what I use for my rear vinyl panels, so is proving to last very well.

Ian Contessa

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Evening Andy.

No problem, what do you think of these?
The S with the little tare I'm going to swap that with another now, easier to spot on the photos.

Ian
Thanks Ian
they are great, i'll have both of them please i cant decide think i need to look at them in place
how much do i owe you
Thnaks
Again
Andy

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,248
Thanks Ian
they are great, i'll have both of them please i cant decide think i need to look at them in place
how much do i owe you
Thnaks
Again
Andy
Morning Mate.

Cool. I must say they do both look quite good, I've not done the style where the outside is burned away leaving the text before and so that was good to see.

Call it £4 for both of them. I will PM you.

Ian Contessa

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Evening Buddy.

Yes I can, if you let me know the maximum length and height, I can size the text to suit. Together we can then find a font style you like.
Vinyl is rated for 3 to 5 year and is what I use for my rear vinyl panels, so is proving to last very well.

Ian Contessa
Wicked sounds great. So I am thinking that a max height of 2.5inches and max length of 18inches. In terms of a font something like ‘calibri’ so each letter doesn’t look so square and formal

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,250
Wicked sounds great. So I am thinking that a max height of 2.5inches and max length of 18inches. In terms of a font something like ‘calibri’ so each letter doesn’t look so square and formal
Hye Buddy.

How do these look?
You have calibri on top and Crillee on the bottom, which I think looks pretty cool to.

These are sized to 445 X 65 mm so just inside your inches dimensions.

Ian Contessa

Attachments

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hye Buddy.

How do these look?
You have calibri on top and Crillee on the bottom, which I think looks pretty cool to.

These are sized to 445 X 65 mm so just inside your inches dimensions.

Ian Contessa
Cool. I Am leaning towards the bottom one i think. Would you be able to show me them as white lettering on a black background?

The dimensions are good

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
Cool. I Am leaning towards the bottom one i think. Would you be able to show me them as white lettering on a black background?

The dimensions are good

Thanks
Hey Buddy.

Sure here you go, I just added a black rectangle behind and changed the text to white. It can be cut from gloss white vinyl (or other) when we get to that point.

Ian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hey Buddy.

Sure here you go, I just added a black rectangle behind and changed the text to white. It can be cut from gloss white vinyl (or other) when we get to that point.

Ian
Ok cool thanks. So last idea i promise... the font used on the type r side decals is that possible? And so the ‘R’ looks as it should on said decal design? So white wirting but the R in red or white?

Sorry for the added questions

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,255
Ok cool thanks. So last idea i promise... the font used on the type r side decals is that possible? And so the ‘R’ looks as it should on said decal design? So white wirting but the R in red or white?

Sorry for the added questions
Hey Buddy.

Lol, no problem. I'm all for making sure my customers get exactly what they want, after all it's theri car in this case and any additions need to look right.

Ok I think I am with you, like this?
I'm not sure on what font the TYPE in the usual side decals use, but the R isn't a problem as I have that, so just resized it to suit.

Cost of decal 2p. Cost of design advice/assistance £1,000,000.:grin2:
Brilliant and in reality quite true. The vinyl isn't expensive, the design time and of course purchase of the machinery to start with is.
Having said this my vinyl cutter is the cheapest tool in my workshop and has more than paid for itself since I purchased it about 10 years ago now I think. The laser cutter is the biggest purchase so far, the cnc router is next (better, stronger frame coming next year) and then the two 3D printers.

But I like my toys and the challenge :)

Ian Contessa

Attachments

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Ah yes now we are talking! The top image is defo what i am after, maybe a space between the W and the R but otherwise thats perfect. (Assuming when i fit it i can just space that myself?)

Brilliant work! How much will that be?

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,257
Ah yes now we are talking! The top image is defo what i am after, maybe a space between the W and the R but otherwise thats perfect. (Assuming when i fit it i can just space that myself?)

Brilliant work! How much will that be?
EVening Mate.

Cool, I must say it is looking good now. The touch of red adds that bit extra to a plain single colour option, will certainly be good to see these fitted.

I've spaced the CW a little further away for you, of course you can cut the decal between the CW and R to change it even more. But if I can set it to the right spacing for you now then when you go to apply them, they will go on in one piece using the low tac backing tape keeping it all in alignment.

These are sized to 450 X 59 mm white lettering and red "R", call them £9 each with delivery.

Ian Contessa

Attachments

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Ah yea thats brilliant with the spacing. And cracking price. Can you PM me payment details etc

Thank you for the time and effort put into getting it right

Paul

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there,

I'm after getting some custom vinyl side decals made up and was given your name as someone who does good work and may be able to help. Is that correct? How much would you charge if so? It would be 3 colours, like the standard FN2 side decals but in a style of the DC2 and EK9 side decals.

Cheers.

1241 - 1260 of 1268 Posts