2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you are all enjoying the seemingly endless hot weather :grin2:, with this comes my question I have a 2013 EX and I love the ability to remotely control the windows and mirrors however, if I wind the windows down an inch to keep it cooler the alarm will sound a few minutes later.

Am I doing something wrong here or are the proximity sensors highly sensitive? if anyone has the correct procedure or had success please share thank you!

·
4,252 Posts
Turn off the ultrasonic bit of the alarm. Don't know how to do it on the 9G, but on my 10G it's in the map light cluster in the roof. The manual will likely tell you how.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Just out of intrest, when you roll down the windows, are you then leaving the car alone? I believe it still applies the regular automatic re-locking, so after 30 seconds or so of not interacting with any doors, it will re lock and activate the alarm.

I usually wind down the windows upon approach, and then pop the door open whilst I wait for it to cool a little more, saving the re-locking and promoting a little more air flow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys I will have a look and see if I can disable the ultrasonics.

Reason I ask is that I'd like to drop the windows down slightly during the day the car is in sight from my desk.

I used to be able to do this with my Seat... maybe the Honda is too secure :grin2:.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No issues for me leaving mine open during the day about 3 inches for each window. If i stick my hand in the window before unlocking the alarm goes off - unsure if anything else has been turned off ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts