2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Civic in to the local stealer for a service last year , and they reckoned I needed two rear discs due to corrosion .

The car only having 8.000 miles on the clock - I declined .

I checked the discs out myself , and just to be sure I had it inspected by a friend of mine who is a metallugist after getting home , and he pronounced the discs absolutely fine .

Fast forward to now , and the car has just passed it's MOT at a different garage and guess what , not a mention of corroded rear discs :).

I'll not be taking my car back to the original dealer for servicing , or anything else for that matter .

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I got told my front discs were corroded at my 1st service. I then put in a warranty claim and got new brakes and pads free :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corroded Discs

Funnily enough my car was just out of warranty when they mentioned the " corrosion " :)

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
I got told my front discs were corroded at my 1st service. I then put in a warranty claim and got new brakes and pads free :p

stalker!! Had pads and discs at 19000 due to the same.. there must be a quality issue with the discs cause this is a common theme... never known it so much on other makes??

Unless you know different?? :popcorn2:

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
upgrade to :ebc: and the OEM factor will be obsolete!!!

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
stalker!! Had pads and discs at 19000 due to the same.. there must be a quality issue with the discs cause this is a common theme... never known it so much on other makes??

Unless you know different?? :popcorn2:

No idea, I assumed it was corroded because I barely drove my car throughout winter.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
No idea, I assumed it was corroded because I barely drove my car throughout winter.
I had severe outer edge corrosion on my fronts especially in and around the ventilation vanes; flaking off rust. They were changed under warranty. Similar low mileage and infrequent use.

That was about a year ago, my new disks are corroding too but at the moment it's not as bad, the pad surface is fine, no lip etc.

I try to avoid wetting the disks when washing car and if so try to avoid leaving it to stand with surface rust for too long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts