2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just spotted what appears to be the early signs of corrosion along an inch long strip on the front edge of my bonnet. Has anyone else suffered from this?

I'm surprised that the body work is showing signs of corrosion already. It has only been on the road just over two years, and judging by the length of the mark, I suspect that stone chips aren’t to blame. The manual states that bodywork corrosion is covered under the warranty for three years. Does anyone have any experience of getting such problems repaired under warranty?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
:cool: another reson for a carbon fiber bonnet

·
Registered
311 Posts
what I've read in my wwarranty is that they would only repair perforation rust, which means a whole in the bonnet, however I know from a practive with other dealers (like ford, which loves to rust) that after some arguing they would to it under the warranty... good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I am the same on my 57 plate civic (purchased about 10 weeks ago). Have a corroded chip / scratch on bonnet, one on roof and also a few little pin head sized blemishes dotted about on every panel (orange coloured, hence assuming early stages of rust.)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi,
I am the same on my 57 plate civic (purchased about 10 weeks ago). Have a corroded chip / scratch on bonnet, one on roof and also a few little pin head sized blemishes dotted about on every panel (orange coloured, hence assuming early stages of rust.)
Rust in chips will not be covered by the warranty.

However, if there is an inch of rust which does not appear to be coming from a chip (as in the case of the OP) then it is worth trying to claim it on warranty, although, technically I believe it must be perforated.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
also a few little pin head sized blemishes dotted about on every panel (orange coloured, hence assuming early stages of rust.)
Had these on a previous car and assumed the worst, then I was educated what a clay bar was and it took them all straight off!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda have given the go-ahead for it to be fixed under warranty. I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest, although clearly they must accept that there is a fault.

I also mentioned some fresh instances of missing paint from my door edges but they will not sort them out as they are more likely to be damaged through everyday knocks - fair enough really. I just have to keep on top of them with my paint touch up pen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts