2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Have a 1.8 ES Civic 57 plate, purchased about 10 weeks ago (~9900 miles). washed the car today and noticed small corrosion blemishes (orange colour, pin head size) scattered about on every panel (1 or 2 per panel). I also have a larger chip on my bonnet (approx 1cm length) which is corroding (did not notice it earlier).

Is this normal for the corrosion to appear after a stone chips (bonnet) and also is it normal for the orange / corrosion blemishes to be appearing on the other panels???

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
If a stone chips through the paint and primer, leaving the metal exposed, then i get orange spots from rust on my Accord (i don't think the bonnet is galvanised). Buy a touch up pen and scrape off the rust, then touch the area up.

As for the random orange spots - i do not know what these are. Sorry :(

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
As I said in the previous thread try a clay bar on the pin head dots it may just be road tar or tree sap covered in crap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If a stone chips through the paint and primer, leaving the metal exposed, then i get orange spots from rust on my Accord (i don't think the bonnet is galvanised). Buy a touch up pen and scrape off the rust, then touch the area up.

As for the random orange spots - i do not know what these are. Sorry :(

Why isn't the bonnet galvanised?
Given the propensity to chip this would seem the obvious panel to be galvanised

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Get it back to the stealers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts