2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Nice!!! I take it you've got a bit more of the plastic bodycoloured - I couldn't justify the huge cost of that add-on kit, and the cosmic grey looks very smart even with a few bits of plastic imho.

I'll find out next week if my 14th May delivery date is changing... would I be the first civic owner to get one in under 4 weeks if it stays on schedule? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fedorov said:
Nice!!! I take it you've got a bit more of the plastic bodycoloured - I couldn't justify the huge cost of that add-on kit, and the cosmic grey looks very smart even with a few bits of plastic imho.

I'll find out next week if my 14th May delivery date is changing... would I be the first civic owner to get one in under 4 weeks if it stays on schedule? ;)
Nope - mine's just the standard body!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
OMG, phone call from dealership this morning, mine is on schedule, in fact might be here on Friday so I could have it in 3 weeks instead of 4... trying to stay calm and forget about it again and just expect a delay ;)

3 weeks for a new Civic sound unbelievable especially as this will be one of the first EX's off the production line with the glass-roof option fitted.

Fedorov.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doesnt the ex come with glass roof as standard? or are you buying in a different market?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
ES has glass roof as standard :D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Nope, so many people buying the EX wanted the ES glass-roof so as of 31st March 2006 they made it an EX option from what I understand :)

One of those silly things they do on the top-feature models, take the Focus Titanium I looked at, you lose the cruise-control that comes as standard on the Ghia, crazy!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Rob Peter to pay Paul. Honda have got it right from a finance point of view. You want bits of the Sport and bits of the Es with bits of the Ex mixed in for good measure.....all adds up to £.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been experimenting with a new photo post-processing technique called HDR Tone Mapping. See below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used their tools. The civic pic above isn't a very good example. When I get a better camera/have the time... I will do a better one ;)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
supanorm said:
Are those 17" penta's gissing?
Sure are. Got them thrown in for free by the dealer. The car handles way better with them on, than the 16s

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Had a play too with HDR (massive thread creep here)...

hdr1.jpg

+

hdr2.jpg

=

hdr3.jpg

And a close up of the join between light and dark shows how good this software really is:

hdr4.jpg

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
What the f***.... :shock: What model Civic have you got..... :lol: ?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It's a bit heavy, but it does have satnav and cruise control, no leather and no reversing camera option - so it must be a standard EX...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
:lol: What the economy like, will it get you to London and back on a full tank :?:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It's actually not too bad (actually about 1 mpg on a long trip - so 150 mpg per person). Fill 'er up guv!

Here's another HDR (not so good this time) of us doing our best to avoid the thunderstorm:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts