2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had engine management light come on my car if i take it to the dealers willt he charge me for looking at it

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jesus just to get your car checked it's mad we mad letting them get away just don't know how they explain there self for charging people just to have a look

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Jesus just to get your car checked it's mad we mad letting them get away just don't know how they explain there self for charging people just to have a look
Because it takes time and the tech guys needs paying and the dealers overheads and diagnostic equipment cost money so its reasonable that a charge is made for this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea diagnostic machine does all the work local mchanic's do same job but they don't charge oh well guess have to save up ** I take it down then save up again to get it repaired:(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yea diagnostic machine does all the work local mchanic's do same job but they don't charge oh well guess have to save up ** I take it down then save up again to get it repaired:(
it does need a trained technician to operate the diagnostic stuff. it doesn't do it on it's own! and the local backstreet mechanics' universal 'one fits all' machines usually spit out codes that leave them clueless. i've often known backstreet garages mis-diagnose. costing the customer money for a part that didn't cure the problem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts