2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Have to say love the site, I used many of the facts and tips I picked up here to convince my new boss, who I may of promised to marry!?! that an 07 VBP 2.2 EX would make an excellent company car! The order was placed just before easter, I am a very happy chap, bar the marriage thing.

First question to you all, whats with the serious lack of VBP's on the road?

Since the Civic first caught my eye I've seen about 1!

Appreciate any views

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
It is one of the nicest colours, I don't know why more people don't plump for it. I havn't seen any on the road at all!

Welcome to the forum! Marriage is a small price to pay!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hello all,

Have to say love the site, I used many of the facts and tips I picked up here to convince my new boss, who I may of promised to marry!?! that an 07 VBP 2.2 EX would make an excellent company car! The order was placed just before easter, I am a very happy chap, bar the marriage thing.

First question to you all, whats with the serious lack of VBP's on the road?

Since the Civic first caught my eye I've seen about 1!

Appreciate any views
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum. You were certainly correct that your new choice of mota will make a brilliant company car!

How long do you have to wait until she is delivered?

I love the blue, a beautiful colour, second only to M.R., of which I have hardly seen any altho they are steadily on the increase.

What ever the colour tho, they all look fantastic, and I bet she'll look especially lovely when you dress her up as a wedding car...:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello dave.e

welcome to the forum, only seen two of that colour

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx czechplastik,

Glad you think its a cool colour :) , was starting to wonder if there was a reason why there arn't many about!

And true marriage is a small price, but saying that you havn't seen my boss!:oops:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lexie,

Thanx for the welcome, and although I'm still shocked they went for it, it really is a good choice given the mpg and CO2, tax is very reasonable given the quality of motor!

Not sure on delivery yet I'm guessing 4 weeks maybe??? Too long anyhow.

A wedding car??? Don't even joke, I'm still worried that he only laughed and never actually said no, so technically he's still considering the proposition....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi okehciv,

Thanx for the welcome.

Starting to think the lack of VBP on the road may be a good thing for me...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Lexie,

Thanx for the welcome, and although I'm still shocked they went for it, it really is a good choice given the mpg and CO2, tax is very reasonable given the quality of motor!

Not sure on delivery yet I'm guessing 4 weeks maybe??? Too long anyhow.

A wedding car??? Don't even joke, I'm still worried that he only laughed and never actually said no, so technically he's still considering the proposition....
Oh well! Looks like I should go and get myself a new hat!! LOL! Perhaps, next time be a little more guarded with yr offers of marriage!

I had to wait 10 weeks for mine, without wanting to put the frighteners on you! But as acompany car she is brilliant, very efficient to run and at least 4 people have stopped me to tell me how much they like her (which makes me very proud) :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh well! Looks like I should go and get myself a new hat!! LOL! Perhaps, next time be a little more guarded with yr offers of marriage!

I had to wait 10 weeks for mine, without wanting to put the frighteners on you! But as acompany car she is brilliant, very efficient to run and at least 4 people have stopped me to tell me how much they like her (which makes me very proud) :D
I wouldn't rush out to the shops just yet, but you'll be on my guest list if I have to make the sacrifice.

I can't bear the wait seeing how happy you and everyone else is. You refer to yours as "she" and "her"? Does the civvie have particular feminine traits?

I'm now in the process of convincing my betrothed that having 18" Storms fitted will save on fuel as the car will travel further with each revolution of the wheels!!! Scared he may divorce me though and keep the car in settlement...LOL

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wouldn't rush out to the shops just yet, but you'll be on my guest list if I have to make the sacrifice.

I can't bear the wait seeing how happy you and everyone else is. You refer to yours as "she" and "her"? Does the civvie have particular feminine traits?

I'm now in the process of convincing my betrothed that having 18" Storms fitted will save on fuel as the car will travel further with each revolution of the wheels!!! Scared he may divorce me though and keep the car in settlement...LOL
My Civvie is called Cherry. If you have a look at this thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972 you will see the anguish I went thru!

Personally I would have offered to marry my boss however I was too fearful he might accept!

The wheels may increase fuel economy but will also increase CO2 so may push u up into the next tax bracket...:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Civvie is called Cherry. If you have a look at this thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972 you will see the anguish I went thru!

Personally I would have offered to marry my boss however I was too fearful he might accept!

The wheels may increase fuel economy but will also increase CO2 so may push u up into the next tax bracket...:D
I've checked out your thread and had a vision of my future... I'd try to forget about it and just let it turn up but I'm kinda hooked into this site now so can't get anyway. Help...:confused:

Cherry's a good solid name, will have to take suggestions for mine, something a little more masculine tho I think... how's about Blueberry:?:

Think I'm stretching a bit with the wheels, I'm happy with the standard ones, doesn't make the car too ostentatious, good for my job.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've checked out your thread and had a vision of my future... I'd try to forget about it and just let it turn up but I'm kinda hooked into this site now so can't get anyway. Help...:confused:

Cherry's a good solid name, will have to take suggestions for mine, something a little more masculine tho I think... how's about Blueberry:?:

Think I'm stretching a bit with the wheels, I'm happy with the standard ones, doesn't make the car too ostentatious, good for my job.
I must admit, at first I was worried about turning up in the car park for the first time in Cherry and certain, nasty individuals, there is at least one in particular that I can think of in my office, that would think I had been up to something unprofessional to get her...!

But sod it - Storms look lovely. However seeing as u are getting a blue one, I reckon shiny silver alloys would work better than matt grey ones...

Bluebeard as opposed to Blueberry!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must admit, at first I was worried about turning up in the car park for the first time in Cherry and certain, nasty individuals, there is at least one in particular that I can think of in my office, that would think I had been up to something unprofessional to get her...!

But sod it - Storms look lovely. However seeing as u are getting a blue one, I reckon shiny silver alloys would work better than matt grey ones...

Bluebeard as opposed to Blueberry!!
Bluebeards good, sounds a bit Peter Pan tho!

I've only been in the office environment a few months but so far everyone seems pretty cool. There's always those few tho that would always assume that if an attractive lady is doing well in her job its coz shes been, excuse the terminology, pulling her underwear down and not up!

You can always tell the one's, there usually short and balding!

Right attitude tho, anyone who isn't pleased you've got a gorgeous motor isn't worth a second thought...

What about Trevor?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You refer to yours as "she" and "her"? Does the civvie have particular feminine traits?
LOL! It does seem that many on here refer to their Civics as female; however my wife did comment the other day that mine must be male. I pressed the button to unfold the mirrors and started the engine before they had completely unfolded. The mirrors paused until the engine started. My missus said it must be male as it was incapable of doing two things at once [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bluebeards good, sounds a bit Peter Pan tho!

I've only been in the office environment a few months but so far everyone seems pretty cool. There's always those few tho that would always assume that if an attractive lady is doing well in her job its coz shes been, excuse the terminology, pulling her underwear down and not up!

You can always tell the one's, there usually short and balding!

Right attitude tho, anyone who isn't pleased you've got a gorgeous motor isn't worth a second thought...

What about Trevor?
Trevor??? You can't call him Trevor!! Its gotta be related to blue or Honda some how! Like Bluebottle or Cobalt or...well I dunno... but Trev the Civ!!! LOL

BTW, the 'one' in y office is a woman so that should tell you something!

How come you've only been in an office environment for a short while?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trevor??? You can't call him Trevor!! Its gotta be related to blue or Honda some how! Like Bluebottle or Cobalt or...well I dunno... but Trev the Civ!!! LOL

BTW, the 'one' in y office is a woman so that should tell you something!

How come you've only been in an office environment for a short while?
OK Trevors out the window, I'll have a rethink and get back to ya :confused:

As for the 'one in y office' I have an image of a short fat balding woman! I'm a little scared for you!

There are only three ladies in my office, one's a director, one pays my wages and the other has an enormous boyfriend called Derek, so as you can imagine they all get treated with similar levels of respect and courtesy.

As for my lack of office experience, I used to be a bottom cleavage exposing self employed tradesmen! Yes I admit, I was a "White Van Man!" Don't all spit and curse at once... I'm now a respectful, considerate driving mid level manager for an electrical contractors.

Weve just finished a job in your neck of the woods, we did the new Homebase at the old bus station, not sure if you no it???

·
Registered
423 Posts
OK Trevors out the window, I'll have a rethink and get back to ya :confused:

As for the 'one in y office' I have an image of a short fat balding woman! I'm a little scared for you!

There are only three ladies in my office, one's a director, one pays my wages and the other has an enormous boyfriend called Derek, so as you can imagine they all get treated with similar levels of respect and courtesy.

As for my lack of office experience, I used to be a bottom cleavage exposing self employed tradesmen! Yes I admit, I was a "White Van Man!" Don't all spit and curse at once... I'm now a respectful, considerate driving mid level manager for an electrical contractors.

Weve just finished a job in your neck of the woods, we did the new Homebase at the old bus station, not sure if you no it???
Well she's certainly short but stick like and has hair. Ex Navy...

I'm very surprised that you offered marriage all things considered!

No spitting or cursing but can I at least get you back with a few wolf whistles and hollerings from across the street??? I know exactly which Homebase u mean...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well she's certainly short but stick like and has hair. Ex Navy...

I'm very surprised that you offered marriage all things considered!

No spitting or cursing but can I at least get you back with a few wolf whistles and hollerings from across the street??? I know exactly which Homebase u mean...
Do guys seriously still do that?

Ok, I just checked your biog, your a very pretty blonde lady, and when you consider the average IQ of said wolf whistlers they just can't help themselves, its a testosderone/neanderthal thing!

Saying that can't say I've ever been whistled at, I'd probably be quite chuffed and outraged at the same time.

As for Homebase, other well known DIY chains are available, if your ever passing, in a none professional capacity, you'll have to let me know what you think :)

What about Charlie Civic? Its a bit like Charlie Dimmock but less ginger hair and unsupported breasts...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts