2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im more than likely going to be collecting my new car tomo from a Honda dealer. Its a 2.2 ES on a 59 plate with 29k, its listed at £10995. I haven't yet seen the car in the flesh as its been trailered down from another dealer up north. Providing Im happy with it, I can take it tomo. Vehicle View - Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDi ES 5-Door - Halifax

The thing is I spoke tot he salesman on the phone today and he says there's a small scuff on the back and a scratch on one of the alloys, now I know this is not a brand new car, but being an approved used I would expect it too be pretty close to new. Does anyone know if there's a policy on repairing scuffs etc, or do they normally just try and say that's how it is. Ive pretty much haggled everything out of them that I can, and that's without even seeing the car.

What do you guys think, ive shopped around a fair bit and on the face of things its keenly priced, so I don't think there's that much profit in it to get more out of them

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I'd say the most common approach is to not say anything and hope you don't notice.

If he is honest and telling you about the fault, then you have to assume it is priced with that in mind.

Of course always go for as much discount you can by complaining about how expensive it will be to put these things right. :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
So what happens if you are not interested? Is the London dealer left with another piece of stock? Is it to be sent back to Halifax? Either way I would say there would be some flex in the price, if you were to show your disappointment when viewing :)

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah was thinking the same thing. Ah well fingers crossed it will be fine. just wanna drive it now, as they havent had a diesel in for a while so have completely made mind up from what ive read and the commute ill have to do. Fingers crossed ill be posting a "Happy" post tomo night

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what happens if you are not interested? Is the London dealer left with another piece of stock? Is it to be sent back to Halifax? Either way I would say there would be some flex in the price, if you were to show your disappointment when viewing :)
Well they have got the car, in an ideal world they would want me to have it no matter what, but i made sure that i could walk away if not happy. They would then sell the car on, it wouldnt go back to the other dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
dont buy unless your happy with it

I went to look at a 2.2 ex at hepworth Honda a couple of weeks ago. The car had a very bad parking scuff on the front bumper, a scratch on the rear wing and some scratches inside the car, asked the salesman if the car had yet to be prepped for sale. His reply was that it had been prepped, when I pointd out the defects he said that it was only to be expected as it was a used car. My 2003 Civic had better bodywork, I also expect that if I am paying £10000 + for a motor that the paintwork etc is good.

I would say to you make sure you are happy with the car before you commit to buy.

LP

Reactions: barrych

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i got the car. Was worrying about nothing, the scuff on the rear is tiny as on the wheel. will post up some pics tomo. But all i csn say for now is im over the moon... awesome car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.