2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to buy a civic soon and have a couple of questions. Firstly, what's the quality of the leather like (after a few tens of thousand miles..)? I've tried the golf and it was really plasticy, actually preferred the cloth trim.

Secondly, does anyone know if the below gear knob is a standard fit? I've seen it on a few cars on AutoTrader but was wondering if it had any significance (based on spec or something)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Can't comment on the leather but im sure someone will help you out with that.

As for the gearknob it is a honda part just not sure if its standard fit or not

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
yeah thats not the standard knob on the civics. Beleive that is an additional accessory you gta order if via honda. but then theres lots of nice aftermarket knobs out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went to look at a diesel with leather seats about 3 years old and after reading the reviews on here about the clutch and seeing how the leather seats had worn(looked very tatty to e honest) i decided to go for 1.8 type s gt with fabric seats

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Honda leather has had a lot of comments re wear and tear ...

If you really want leather, the place to go is [ Transform Leather ] in Yorkshire - circa £1,000 for a custom job (seats and door cards) ! ...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Can only speak for my car which has shabby looking leather. Its not worn but has puckered up in the seating area, I assume because the fitting expertise is poor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts