2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was on the motorway today, I heard a bang. It's that type of noise you know something just bounced off the windscreen. As a result I now have three little scratch type marks just above your field of vision as your driving. Does anyone know how you can make them appear less of a mark or remove? The wipers seem to pass over them ok but they are gonna annoy the [email protected]£t outta me? Is there a polish you can get for it?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
As I was on the motorway today, I heard a bang. It's that type of noise you know something just bounced off the windscreen. As a result I now have three little scratch type marks just above your field of vision as your driving. Does anyone know how you can make them appear less of a mark or remove? The wipers seem to pass over them ok but they are gonna annoy the [email protected]£t outta me? Is there a polish you can get for it?
Give Autoglass or another repairer a call and they'll fix it up.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
CarPro Ceriglass may improve it. Suppose it depends how deep the scratch is. Not sure a windscreen company will do anything unless it has cracked etc

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
CarPro Ceriglass may improve it. Suppose it depends how deep the scratch is. Not sure a windscreen company will do anything unless it has cracked etc
They'll repair chips and if it's big enough to annoy I would have thought it big enough to repair?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Autoglass can only repair chips, not scratches.

Any chip that's smaller than a £1 coin.
I didn't know there was much difference to the repair method for a chip or a scratch on glass as long as they were both small.

Edit: To be fair, on their website they do offer advice on scratches so can't hurt to give them a call as it's not going to cost anything.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
I didn't know there was much difference to the repair method for a chip or a scratch on glass as long as they were both small.

Edit: To be fair, on their website they do offer advice on scratches so can't hurt to give them a call as it's not going to cost anything.

Resin gets injected into the chip, but with a scratch there's not really anywhere for it to go.

Wifey was in charge of glass repair side of things for a year with autoglass, don't think I didn't ask about repairing scratches constantly got shot down in flames:facepalm:.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Interesting, I figured that it was "covered" and then polished down which would remove an apparent scratch - then again I have no idea as the only two involvements I've had with windscreen repair was once where an entire windscreen smashed and fell apart whilst driving, and another where a huge crack appeared after an impact.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Probably suck air through their teeth and tell you that a new screen is needed!:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mmmm it's not a chip it is scratches about three. I did try taking photos to show but they don't show the marks. I will call auto glass and see what they say though. I'm sure I seem on here somewhere that you can get a polish that can take the worst of the scratch away. Not so sure now. 😳

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Autoglass used to use jewellers rouge to try and "repair" scratches, but it distorted the glass so they put a stop to it.

Could try some of the stuff Shaun recommend, I've no experience or knowledge of it so couldn't really advise on it.

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Doesn't autoglass repair?. The bloody advert sings about it. autoglass repair, autoglass replace!
Maybe they can help

Sorry didn't see that someone has already mentioned autoglass lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts