2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just noticed the glove box doesnt have an air con vent which was really handy in the summer, does it get air flow in there anyway or was that idea dropped for some reason?

More importantly, the reading lights dont switch on and off with the doors, this I do need with kids in the winter its going to be very difficult to see when getting them in and out with the one light in the middle, there isn't a switch so am I missing something in the software that pairs the reading lights to the centre ceiling light? I cant find anything obvious.

If not is there a plug and play bulb that I can buy thats a lot brighter and reliable? I had LED internal bulbs in my old car and some started flickering after a few months.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I found the same. Got a downward facing t10 6k led its bright enough for the entire car. Was £3 I'll dig out the link for you if needed. Might even have a spare if I can find it you're welcome to it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the same. Got a downward facing t10 6k led its bright enough for the entire car. Was £3 I'll dig out the link for you if needed. Might even have a spare if I can find it you're welcome to it.
That would be awesome, and if not I just need to get a downward facing one to ensure the light fills the cabin?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got mine from Amazon. 501 w5w T10 Canbus sidelight bulbs, 12v, 8v (pack of 2)

Just enter that much easier than uploading a picture or link. Had mine in since January no issue. Lights entire cabin with a nice LED light. I've got a 2 year old and before installing this bulb couldn't even see in the back now can see perfectly.

·
i-Vtec
2,520 Posts
Ive never understood the needs for AC in the glove box. I doubt anyone is that anal they decant their fresh food into the glove box for the trip home from Morrisons.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you've missed the point of it, it's not for your shopping unless you can survive a week on a block of cheese and a loaf of bread.

For families going on a day out it was very useful and I used it a fair bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts