2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to local honda dealer at event yesterday get on with them really well and will be booking a test drive in the 9g soon.

As for the type r word on the street is it will be a 5 door, will be a 1.6 turbo engine and will be making around 250bhp. They have said release is likely to be end of next year so more waiting :( and by the sounds of it may well be my next car (if it looks like the btcc car)

They also have seen a production tourer (the new aerodeck) but front like are more like the standard 9g to make it meet regs and there isnt the awesome middle exhaust like the concept. Probaly to make it cheaper.

Also they said new s2000 is in the pipeline.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
21,162 Posts
I hope for the Type R enthusiasts that the delay is well worth the wait.

The current 9G is perfect for me however as compared to my 2 8G's the 9G is certainly like driving a limousine, smooth and quiet.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
New s2k?!?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Very interested in the new R - might be something to trade up to in a couple of years time. Expecting they'll have sorted fuel consumption and emissions on the new engine which are the main problems with the current R.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I still believe it will be a 1.8. This topic has been speculated alot in the type r thread already.

·
Administrator
21,162 Posts
I hope they put the handbrake next to the driver for the CTR.
Funny you mention this. Before I got mine I also criticised this move as I can remember my IS200 that had this and it was virtually impossible to apply the handbrake without 'getting friendly' with a passenger.

However, the position of the handbrake in mine does not interfere with the passenger :)
I reckon it's due to the Civic being somewhat wider than the IS200 and there is more interior width.
On my model the seat side bolsters keep the passenger well away.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have no trouble with the handbrake either. I poked it a few days ago and it returned half a dougnut - fun times lol

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I like the update and I hope we get many, it is just all still too vague, the timescale to a new type R is kind of fixed, only in time will we truly know what they want to sell us and if we want to buy it! :)

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yh sorry cudnt manage to get ajy more specifics out of it. I did say to them if it ends up lookijg like the btcc car with the colour coding and body kit pretty much telo me where to sign as ill have one.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New s2k?!?
Yeh... they mentioned few new models throughvthe next 18 months and then a new S2000. No actual details tho but again likely to be a turbo unit

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They also have seen a production tourer (the new aerodeck) but front like are more like the standard 9g to make it meet regs and there isnt the awesome middle exhaust like the concept. Probaly to make it cheaper

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
For those that go to the manufacturing plant in swindon the tourer is there to be seen in reception

1 - 12 of 12 Posts