2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've used Cox in the past for a number of things, is it right to IGNORE one of your customers when things go wrong?

You might want to have a look at this guy's thread:

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/413520-2-2-master-cylinder-failure-again-2.html#post5385656

His experience of your 'customer service' has put me off buying from you guys.

Personally, I have three Honda's in my household that I will need service kits for soon, if avoidance tactics is common practice at Cox, when replying to a customer when things go wrong, I'll be avoiding you guys instead.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Ive bought loads from them and never had an issue. Ive asked questions about parts and always found them helpful. But yeah its not very good service the guys getting is it.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I normally get my service kits from them and have never had any bother.
However this does not inspire confidence so I've just bought what I need from eurocarparts for the latest service and will put Cox on the back burner for supplies for now.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Been using cox since 2006 don’t buy my Honda parts and accessories anywhere else. Have to say I have never had an issue getting anything/problems sorted. There customer service has been 100%. They have always been proactive in there response and extremely helpful.

Not sure what has happened in this case, but I hope you get it sorted. I like everyone else on this forum, know it’s extremely disappointing, when customer relations breakdown especially with such a well respected trader like cox. In business your reputation is all you have, if that’s tarnished you lose a lot more than the cost of replacing a part.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I’ve ordered and returned parts that I couldn’t use and returned for a change of mind. No fuss or aggro what so ever from them. Even ordered parts that’s weren’t on the site and they said they could send them plain Royal Mail instead of the more expensive courier service .

My experience has been nothing less than positive in pre and after sales

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Hi,

I've read the post and I hope the person gets his issues resolved, i've offered some observations about the situation and link to his consumer rights and what needs to happen, unfortunately because there are three parties involved if you include the independent Garage, it shows how things can get a little complicated when a part has potentially failed.

As stated I hope this gets resolved amicably.

Kindest Regards
Darren

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Update.....

Dan had been on holiday for 2 weeks and on his return contacted me by email immediately on monday morning and asked me contact him. I was asked to return the unit along with the letter from my garage stating the failure and he would issue a full refund. The unit was shipped by special delivery on tuesday for arrival on wednesday by 1pm. Dan contacted me on the same day and the full cost refunded, which hit my account today. Superb service by Dan. Consequently, faith restored in Cox! I've always received excellent service from Cox for numerous parts over the years and have never been let down before, just unfortunate the failure occurred whilst Dan was on holiday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
Good result. At least they have a reason for the radio silence... Thought it odd they didn't respond especially when a lot on here buy from them..

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy days then...

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I have a cox account, spent many a £ with them too and the service is top notch..

Even had inquiries when I have bought something (Type R rear carpet not following contour of boot) and they went out and tested other carpets on other cars to make sure mine wasn't just a one off.. Little detail on my part, but they do go the extra mile to try and resolve issues. From my experience anyway.

Very glad that this issue had a happy ending, and hopefully this new CMC will last as intended...

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Update.....

Dan had been on holiday for 2 weeks and on his return contacted me by email immediately on monday morning and asked me contact him. I was asked to return the unit along with the letter from my garage stating the failure and he would issue a full refund. The unit was shipped by special delivery on tuesday for arrival on wednesday by 1pm. Dan contacted me on the same day and the full cost refunded, which hit my account today. Superb service by Dan. Consequently, faith restored in Cox! I've always received excellent service from Cox for numerous parts over the years and have never been let down before, just unfortunate the failure occurred whilst Dan was on holiday!
Dan is the man alright, gets the job done end off.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thought I'd add more to this as my reply was brief. I posted to help stevencavanagh get resolution on this. I have delt with Dan before and has always been great. It's a shame if he's on holiday, that noone can take up the mantle.

Glad it's all sorted now though and common sense has prevailed.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
its good its all sorted
but my company along with others are all guilty of things like this
1 person being on holiday is no excuess for things not getting sorted or evan a reply saying the person you need to deal with is on holiday for 2 weeks

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
Seems to be standard with some Honda dealers. Contacted a "Local" honda dealer through their website regarding Rubber mats for winter, to be fair I got an out of office reply that he was on holiday and the same a day an email from him to say one of his team would be in touch asap with regards to the mats. That was 4 weeks ago. Ended up buying these ones from ebay instead. I know it was only a set of mats, but still its a bit irritating.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
LoL :laugh:

Beast from the East Part III is just around the corner.
Im just waiting for the Polar Bears and Penguins chapping the door to get out of the cold... I'm sick of seeing the headline "Britain in the grasp of a heatwave".. Headline should read "South East England (Kent) is effing hot". I don't think the Met Office ventures too far north of the border.. Most Ironic thing is, while Scotland was basking in 25c - 29c weather, I was on holiday in the Canaries, when I came back its done nowt but pee down :surprise:

Blinked and missed it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts