2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"

We now have available a small batch of the CPL cold air intakes for the FN2. Unlike other cold air intakes available, this is not simply a pipe that “fits” in the engine bay. Our intake system has been developed and tested over a period of over 18 months to ensure an excellent fit and optimum power gains.

We have not had these mass-produced overseas. Each intake is made with care here in the CPL Racing workshop so you can be certain of quality. The intake comes with a battery re-location kit, all fittings required and a high quality K&N filter.

As an added advantage the main pipe itself can also be easily adapted by the customer to fit with an RRC inlet manifold.

Fits both left and right hand drive vehicles.
We have a very small batch of these available now, and hope to have more ready for sale in around six weeks time. Price is £349 including VAT (£303.48 excluding VAT for our customers outside the EEC).
Order early to avoid disappointment.

"

CPL Racing : News From CPL Racing

Alternative to Injen CAI.... maybe...

Regards

·
Registered
698 Posts
think for a extra 100 or so quid i would get the gm mate;)

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think for a extra 100 or so quid i would get the gm mate;)
I have GruppeM but think you should check The GM prices now, can tell you 100£ wouldnt be enough!! Actualy an extra 350£ would be enougth either.... LOL

Regards

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Looking forward to the dynos but the price for just a filter kit and the expected gains means for me it just wont happen.

Mods for the FN2 are just so expensive they really dont get my attension but make me think, just buy a faster car!

·
Registered
872 Posts
"

We now have available a small batch of the CPL cold air intakes for the FN2. Unlike other cold air intakes available, this is not simply a pipe that “fits” in the engine bay. Our intake system has been developed and tested over a period of over 18 months to ensure an excellent fit and optimum power gains.

We have not had these mass-produced overseas. Each intake is made with care here in the CPL Racing workshop so you can be certain of quality. The intake comes with a battery re-location kit, all fittings required and a high quality K&N filter.

As an added advantage the main pipe itself can also be easily adapted by the customer to fit with an RRC inlet manifold.

Fits both left and right hand drive vehicles.
We have a very small batch of these available now, and hope to have more ready for sale in around six weeks time. Price is £349 including VAT (£303.48 excluding VAT for our customers outside the EEC).
Order early to avoid disappointment.

"

CPL Racing : News From CPL Racing

Alternative to Injen CAI.... maybe...

Regards
what are the expected gains please ?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats an insane price
Sorry guys, *** is that £350 for?

All due respect, but it's like a filter and some tubing!
Well, rhe Injen Kit its around 340£, and there is no Batery Replacement kit.

So Price is about the same, until dynos we cant realy say that is expansive or not, realy!!!!

Well, knowing the company, i totaly trust their products...., and if i didnt have gruppeM fitted, i'de give a a go for sure!!

Regards

Paulo

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
No doubt in CPL`s knowledge, development and testing is what you pay for... but "Our intake system has been developed and tested over a period of over 18 months to ensure an excellent fit and optimum power gains." and they can´t show us a dynorun at the release? :confused:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Injen doesnt need the battery relocated.;)

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I'm not sure why they did relocate the battery, but maybe they wanted to obtain a shorther intake path , the shorter the better ... my 2 cents.
I'm wondering why this was not released earlier , maybe this (like Injen, AEM ant others ....) did not work ok with Hondata ECU, and now might work fine with a Flash Pro tune ?

CPL post some dynos made with an intake (I believe this one, not sure) and other parts :

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 - 20 of 144 Posts