Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Get an Injen CAI!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Get an Injen CAI!
Why?

Do you have any argues to recommend one over the other?

I'm interested in both.

For now injen needs to bend some metal or cut some plastic, and cpl needs that battery relocation kit.
If you know for sure that one of them make more gains than other let me know please.

***** in advance

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
I have been following the threads in great detail regarding both kits and by sounds of it best one seems to be the Injen (even if you have to cut the arch trim).

I am only offering cost advice as the Injen i believe is cheaper

·
Registered
142 Posts
Money is not an issue since the pound/euro conversion is very cheap at this days. So if I order the injen to holland is about the same price to order the cpl to england.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Well, i'de say CPL.

Beter IAT than Injen!! About gains, dont know as never was a test!!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I'll say to go for CPL one, straighter path , no "water" issue, they even have an adapter for RRC, if you have one.
DINU please don't insert people in the mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You buy correct intake for FN2, the same as I and Dawid and install correctly You will see that INJEN cone filter is almost in the same place as CPL.
With INJEN you dont need any adapter for RRC manifold.
In both cases if You want sleep well You have to do protection against water. You should displace horn and dazzle that big hole!. This is the minimum!!!
I did a bit more...
I live in Poland and we have very rainy autumn. Nothing until now happened in my car...

The CPL looks like:

The INJEN looks like:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Marcin, I'm pretty sure the CPL one is placed above the Injen , I saw a picture somewhere , it was post on this forum.
(this info was confirmed to me by CPL, also).
With CPL one you don't need any rain protection.

But if you tested both and you know better then whatever, it's like you say then , peace buddy don't get so angry !
:)

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Marcin, I'm pretty sure the CPL one is placed above the Injen , I saw a picture somewhere , it was post on this forum.
You are 100% right if You compared TPW SI injen vs CPL.
Im tallkig about this "wrong" INJEN KIT. Please read with understand

But if you tested both and you know better then whatever, it's like you say then
I tested only injen mate but i removed my bumper +/- 15 times and i know what kind of space is there. Trust me if You install cone filter like i did You will see both filter in almost the same place!

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Guys, CPL sits above Injen. I drove my car under heavy rain and a lot of splashes, then removed my bumper to see how wet is air filter. There were now water at all at that place where air filter sits.
Some time ago I put a picture where it is placed (circle - Injen, plus - CPL):

I've corrected Marcin's picture:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts