2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As soon I understand is that is important for the safe and to release real power from our FN2 a good Oil Pump and remove balance shafts, so I need your help to understand what is the best oil pump we can buy to our FN2 since I have the following doubts:

1) TODA still have a FD2 oil pump modified is it better than K20A2 modified (please give me where I can find them)?

2) CPL and TDI use a FD2 or TODA are they different in what?

3) Does any of these kits/Pumps compatible with Tegiwa FN2 Baffled Oil Modification for our FN2 pan?

Thanks in advance and I know that I'm confuse, any help is welcome!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I think the fd2 pump is the same as toda pump. Not?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
TDi don't "make" any oil pumps. We supply for the FN2 either the Toda kit or FD2 kit.
The Toda pump is a modified FD2 pump which slightly increases the flow through internal machining and runs higher pressure.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
In all honesty I would go for the ERL modified S2K pump, from what I have seen it should allow revving up to 9-9500rpm (providing of course the ar still makes power up there otherwise it's pointless)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think it gives two kits...the FD2 pump kit (OEM FD2 pump) and the Toda Kit with modified FD2 pump

Or you purchase all parts by your local honda dealer or direct in japen for a cheaper price ;)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
TDi don't "make" any oil pumps. We supply for the FN2 either the Toda kit or FD2 kit.
The Toda pump is a modified FD2 pump which slightly increases the flow through internal machining and runs higher pressure.
Is this a good thing to do if I was to get your drop in cams?

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Can recommend the toda pump, revs so much more freely. And you know your getting good quality parts :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
First thanks for all the info but no one says nothing about a K20a2 modified pump like this article K-Series Oil System Upgrades - Under Pressure - Honda Tuning Magazine , does anyone knows if is better than TODA or ERL modified S2K oil pump?

Another questions is that, it is Tegiwa oil pan sump baffle kit TEGIWA OIL PAN SUMP BAFFLE KIT CIVIC TYPE R FN2 K20Z modification compatible with FD2 or TDI (FD2 modified) pump?
As far as I'm aware the S2K oil pump is the best of the K20 pumps, and the ERL modified one is even better (obviously) therefore it will be the "best" option however, for ease, it may be better to simply go for the FD2 pump and a baffled sump using the existing oil pan, less hassle with near on the same performance, thing s you'll my notice a difference with the ERL did your cams still make power after 8500-9500rpm

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts