2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Please
CR-V EX 2007 2.2 D
Factory fitted front near side Parking Sensor permanently alarms when switched on.
How do I remove sensor - from front or rear behind bumper?
How do I remove wheel arch lining?
Can I test sensor with a meter?
Where can I obtain a spare?

Regards

Rob

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think you have to take the bumper apart to remove/access the sensor.

The installation instructions for the fog lights installation might help you:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/07fog.pdf

The question about obtaining a spare is more tricky. A belgian member of another forum has the same issue and he was quoted 285€ (~250£) VAT excluded for a single sensor ... not including the labour time !!!
For info, the part number for a black painted front corner sensor is: 39680-SHJ-A61ZC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ebay parking sensor

I got one from eBay for £7.99 (9.5 euro) (eBay item number:162029839165) today 7/3/2017
i also managed to fit it without taking the bumper off and it works perfect you can squeeze your hands behind the bumper if you try just take the two screws and the clip from the wheel arch lining where its connected to the bumper its a bit fiddly and you may get the odd scratch on your arm but it can be done

i have ordered a spare just in case

·
Registered
11 Posts
I replaced both of my front side sensors last year (07 mk3).
The paint had bubbled on both, 1 was duff (I tried removing the bubbled paint to recover sensor operation - this worked on one of my rears) and the other still worked but the bubbling would get worse so did them both at the same time.
Managed to change both without bumper removal, though from memory one side was easier than the other due to the space available in behind.

I got the sensors from eBay too, they were apparently genuine ones at £12.99 each.
Good to see there are some reasonably priced options for the sensors now. I had to replace some of my rears when I bought the CRV and I ended up buying second hand Honda ones and respraying - purely as the price from Honda was astronomical & there weren't any eBay options around at that time.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts