2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

the roof of my 2006 honda civic se i-vtec has cracked, badly. I have tried searching around for any information or replacements but cannot find any relevant information at all! I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this at all, have any ideas on how I might go about fixing this and any advice that you have on what you would do in my situation or would advise me to do.

thanks.

(cannot post images because I am a noob)

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
?!

Cracked entirely? No idea how you've managed that one!

Is it just the paint finish, or the roof itself?

More likely, if it is at / under the front roof seal - It's a very common known issue with the 8G Civic, and will commonly rust.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I assume you mean a glass roof ?

I seem to recall a post, years ago, that said that it's made of glass thicker than the window glass and is quite expensive.

Find one in a breakers and get Autoglass to fit it ?

Also, what's the small print around insurance companies and non windscreen glass.

This should keep you going .... https://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion-8g/70515-crack-panoramic-roof.html

Which reckons £700 + £450 fitting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What on earth does "ibb [DOT] co/NtJM8nf" mean?
Even Google has not seen that one before.
Sorry dude, I cant post images becuase I need at least 5 posts.

If you replace the "[DOT]" with a "." and remove the spaces, its the picture of the cracks. ibb [DOT] co/NtJM8nf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what I was wondering was if the roof can be replaced. I can't imagine it would be an easy thing to do but maybe I could find a garage that could do it, or just sell the car before it gets too worse. I'm just looking for advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jings! Has something fallen on it? Never seen that before

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Not that I know of. Started to notice the cracks a couple of months ago and has just got worse, came from nowhere. I assume water got under the roof somehow? Looking for some way to make it look better at least!

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I agree.

Paint is wafer thin and that looks quite thick.

It needs taking back to metal and assess the damage.

·
3,986 Posts
It's probably caused by rust under the filler caused by bad preparation by Mickey Mouse.
Sounds a bit on the pricey side to get that fixed. A good body shop will be able to give you a better idea of what's what on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drop the headlining inside the car and you'll soon find out.
I almost don't want to :crying:

A good body shop will be able to give you a better idea of what's what on it.
I'll get in touch with some body shop guys and get them to take a look at it. I'll post an update when I know some more. Worst-case scenario, we get a good laugh out of such a shocking job.

thanks for your help guys

1 - 20 of 49 Posts