2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only had the car a month.

Just topped up the washer fluid only to find fluid pouring down underneath the car.

Pulled some of the trim back only to find a crack in the reservoir.

I can't see how I could be responsible. The tank holds at least half its capacity as I can see its still half full but then starts to leak as soon as I try to fully fill.

The car has a Years warranty. Do you think it's covered?

There is no way a stone or anything could have flown up to damage it as all the trim is intact.

I'm fuming right now.

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
Couldn't tell you on that one, I've blasted my way through 2 in the space of 6 months, first one got full of gunk and knackered the pump up, the second one sounds similar to you'd, only mine cracked on the bottom so doesn't hold anything. New ones from lings Honda are £65 ex vat. Can you get to the crack to repair it?

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
You could try, if it doesn't work you haven't exactly lost anything, just the cost of the resin.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to see if I can get it done under warranty.

I can argue that it's the first time I have filled it since buying the car so it must have been there already.

You can only try.

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
Odd, I wonder if it didn't have enough washer fluid in during the cold snap?

It's so tucked away, it's not like you can damage it. Unless maybe the car had a knock on that side?

Good luck with the warranty.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It had washer fluid in since the day I bought it so if it had only water in before it was before I owned the car. As the crack is high I had a lot of fluid in so I guess thats why it lasted so long.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gave the dealer a call.

Looks like they might fix it under warranty.

Car is going on on Wednesday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same problem on a CRV.
If you can't get it fixed under warranty, get some RTV gasket sealer, sand the cracked area with some p120, then apply a generous layer of RTV on it.

Still good after 4 years.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same problem on a CRV.
If you can't get it fixed under warranty, get some RTV gasket sealer, sand the cracked area with some p120, then apply a generous layer of RTV on it.

Still good after 4 years.
Thanks mate. Sounds like a plan.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer is fixing the water reservoir under warranty.

Getting it fitted when my sat nav somes back repaired.

Yay !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts