2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my second type r last week after selling my SS civic type r.

Still loved my Ep3 but just wanted a change and a something more modern. Anyway a train down to stoke on trent last week and came back with this. (with one of these on my face the whole way home :-D ) :lol:

Comes with a some extras, Sat Nav, Rages, HFT, And park ass. After a an hour of fiddling about with all the toys i had figured everything out. The whole phone/ipod intigration is great all worked through the sat nav screen. Previous owner looked after it really well immaculate inside and out just what i was after as my my old civic was mint.

Already added a few bit n bobs:

White sidelight bulbs (from james MR JP CTR) as the oem one's look crap next to the hids.

Wind deflectors:

Postman Brought me this today :D:D:D

On holiday next week so will get round to fitting it. Insructions dont look to bad just clips, screws and uncliping some trim.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Looking sweeeet:D
Keep the mods coming.
How many chimp white fn2's in Scotland?

Reactions: FoCuSN70

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
CW more common than a vauxhall astra :worms: see them all over the place now

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Nice car :) never seen this car before as I live by stoke on Trent so they must of kept it well hidden lol were they a member on here?

Will look a different car with gp kit fitted :) check my build thread if you want for ideas or see how things look on the CW but have deep pockets at hand lol

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any one got any suggestions on a colour for brake clippers, not sure what will go with the white,

????

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well fitted the gp pack yesterday and got some pics this morning, It was pretty straight forward undoing all the bolts, screws and plugs apart from the actual removal of the front bumper itself. Nearly gave up at this point as the instructions just say now remove front bumper with no explanation. Back was much easier, But got there eventually. Also upgraded the fog lights while i had the front off aswell, so all the front lights match.

Transforms the car imo :WOOT :

Ordered a new gaitor as oem needs replacing.

And i will have to give these some attention, really letting the car down :lol: Any suggestions what would go good with the white ????

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Looking spot on mate![smilie=coolup.gif]

Dunno if I'd do the calipers white though, think how hard it would be keeping them clean. Bad enough keeping the wheels clean.

·
Stuart
580 Posts
And i will have to give these some attention, really letting the car down :lol: Any suggestions what would go good with the white ????

I went gold, white 'type', red 'R'
My build thread has a pic: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/85491-predators-project.html

There is also a general thread with other combinations that members have posted pics of to give you some inspiration: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/86802-show-me-your-painted-calipers.html

The car is looking awesome as well. The kit is a big improvement on OEM.

I like the backdrop in the pics. Where is that?

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Looks really good :D

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Great work, big fan of the GP kit, some nice reflection shots as well

I'm hoping to get the Grand Prix kit soon through the Civinfo group buy. I also need to paint my callipers. I would like to have them painted in metallic deep red, same colour as the R badge. Then lettering black and R in championship white. Will have to look into this.

How much did you pay for your GP kit?

Cheers John :D

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers for the comments guys.

I went gold, white 'type', red 'R'
My build thread has a pic: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/85491-predators-project.html

There is also a general thread with other combinations that members have posted pics of to give you some inspiration: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/86802-show-me-your-painted-calipers.html

The car is looking awesome as well. The kit is a big improvement on OEM.

I like the backdrop in the pics. Where is that?
Cheers buddy I'll have a look, pics were taken in broughty ferry at the beach. River Tay in the background.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts