2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My crankshaft pulley is showing some heavy wear, and I'm going to have to change it soon. I'm trying to figure out if other Hondas use the same crankshaft pulley. I read somewhere that it should be interchangeable for both Ep3's and some CR-V's , but I can't find any positive answers. Any one know for sure if the FN2 uses a unique one? Kevin

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
I dunno, maybe check part numbers across models on Ling's Honda?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I believe the FN2 was unique but others can be fitted; weights etc may be different but fitment was the same, likely down to ours having balacer shafts. Some have fitted an FD2 pulley as it's lighter.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the FN2 was unique but others can be fitted; weights etc may be different but fitment was the same, likely down to ours having balacer shafts. Some have fitted an FD2 pulley as it's lighter.
That's interesting. Thanks for your input! I'm guessing difference might be in that the rubber damper is not present in the FD2 one?

·
4,279 Posts
It's present, not sure where the weight saving is from but it's the lightest of all the K20 pulleys and quite cheap too compared to the FN2 one anyway. It has been a year or two since I got a quote however.

Reactions: kevven

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's present, not sure where the weight saving is from but it's the lightest of all the K20 pulleys and quite cheap too compared to the FN2 one anyway. It has been a year or two since I got a quote however.
Okay. I'm definately going to check that one out. Could it be a tad smaller then to get the lower weight? Probably would have to use a different belt then if that's the case.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
A toda light weight pulley kit is around £360 and is supposed to give some gain due to being less weighty. You get pulleys and correct belt in the kit.

·
4,279 Posts
A toda light weight pulley kit is around £360 and is supposed to give some gain due to being less weighty. You get pulleys and correct belt in the kit.
I'd run with the rubber damper for anything non-race to be honest.

Reactions: Bones126

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm not going for anything without the rubber damping. Car is high mileage and needs gentle care got quoted 519£ for the original part and labour. It's costly but I'm considering it since I need the car for roadtripping this summer :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think sourcing an RRC one would be better.

This is what happened to mine, and it was eating into the timing chain cover.

Luckily TDI had a spare in their shop.
Jeesus.. that's my fear allright. I sourced the part cheaper and trying to find someone to undertake the work on it for less than I got quoted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts