2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys... here goes my story......

Got a Civic 2000 (Exi - D15Z4 Engine) Conventional A/T & it had done around 70k miles on it.... as soon as i got the car, i changed the timing belt, a bad engine mount, shocks, bushes, boots....etc....

i noticed that from the first day the fuel econ was very bad... 18-19 miles per gallon in city running... the route i take had no traffic @ all.... & highway or out station (we call it) fuel econ is abt 24-25 miles per gallon....

This is a A/T but it can't be that bad right... so i got the throttle body cleaned, injectors cleaned, fuel system cleaned, timing properly adjusted, distributor properly adjusted, spark plugs changed (not that the old ones were bad)....distributor cap is ok, wires r fine, no misses @ all, idle is stable & most of the time i see water droplets coming out of the exhaust... (so that's very good :) )....

i do not drive fast either....

finally got the agents to plug in the scanner & check... they said the injector pulse (open time) is too long even @ idle speed...

this ECU cannot be re-programmed

Also the agent & everyone i checked said that since this is a model imported BRAND NEW into the country by the agent, it does not have an O2 Sensor...

What can i do ??? pls help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts