2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, please excuse me for my bad english! I just crashed my fn2 and wanted to get some help with the repairs.
I crashed when avoiding head on collision with another car, the road was icy so I lost control and hit a big lamp post... To make a long story short, there are problems with the insurance company so i have to fix it myself!

Here are some pictures, as you can see I just missed the main frame. No airbags went off but the airbag warning lights are on and the temperature gauge is broken.. No other warning light are on. The car runs fine and i drove it from the accident.
As I can see the damage is: front fender, bumper, Headlight, fog light, winscreen washer container and washer for headlights.
So the question is can i take parts from the normal civic and fit to the type r and is the metal frame behind the washer container replaceable?
The airbag lights are on, both passanger and driver, are there any sensors there that should be replaced?

Would appreciate your help!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Need to strip it down to see all the damage, what I can see from your pics you will need to replace the box section that goes between the chassis leg and the inner wing. The inner wing might repair though, everything else will be bolted on.

The panel below the headlight in this pic is the part you will need to replace and weld back on.

Number 24 and 25 in this diagram is the panel I'm talking about.

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hi, please excuse me for my bad english! I just crashed my fn2 and wanted to get some help with the repairs.
I crashed when avoiding head on collision with another car, the road was icy so I lost control and hit a big lamp post... To make a long story short, there are problems with the insurance company so i have to fix it myself!

Here are some pictures, as you can see I just missed the main frame. No airbags went off but the airbag warning lights are on and the temperature gauge is broken.. No other warning light are on. The car runs fine and i drove it from the accident.
As I can see the damage is: front fender, bumper, Headlight, fog light, winscreen washer container and washer for headlights.
So the question is can i take parts from the normal civic and fit to the type r and is the metal frame behind the washer container replaceable?
The airbag lights are on, both passanger and driver, are there any sensors there that should be replaced?

Would appreciate your help!
Sorry to read about your accident mate. Car looks repairable but the main thing is you seem to be ok - could have been a lot worse :cyclops:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need to strip it down to see all the damage, what I can see from your pics you will need to replace the box section that goes between the chassis leg and the inner wing. The inner wing might repair though, everything else will be bolted on.

The panel below the headlight in this pic is the part you will need to replace and weld back on.

Number 24 and 25 in this diagram is the panel I'm talking about.

Thank you very much for making it clearer! Do I have to buy the panels from honda or can I take them from any civic? Are all the parts from the normal civic and type r the same? Headlights fit ? Must be xenon I suppose.
Then there is the airbag sensors do you have any diagrams of where they are fitted and temperature sensor?
I found that some cables were damaged too, those i can solder together.
Only bumper is different from the standard civic as it seems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to read about your accident mate. Car looks repairable but the main thing is you seem to be ok - could have been a lot worse :cyclops:
Thanks mate, yes i think it is repairable, Im lucky that I didnt damage the radiator, hood or engine. I managed to slow down to about 25-30 kph before I crashed..

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there any site where I can search for used parts? Im having problems finding here in sweden.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some updates and a few more questions. Do you think I can repair that wing that I have marked on the pictures or should I cut it off and weld a new piece back on? Im not sure what part number it is on the diagram posted earlier on this thread it seems like number 10 but im not sure.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
If you haven't any experience in body work I'd get somebody in to repair the part you have circled. It's pretty tough metal to be dressing with a hammer and dolly if you haven't done it before.

If you want to replace it, it's part number 6 in the diagram.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you haven't any experience in body work I'd get somebody in to repair the part you have circled. It's pretty tough metal to be dressing with a hammer and dolly if you haven't done it before.

If you want to replace it, it's part number 6 in the diagram.
I see. I take it to the shop to get the part repaired then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the headlight sorted out.
Now i have a question about the wiring. Here is a few cables that were damaged by the collision, cant find where the green cable in the picture goes, found that the pink and red goes to the front middle of the car (can it be the temperature sensor?) the green cable is thicker than the other ones.
Is there any wiring diagrams?
Or maybe someone knows where it goes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts