2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to work ,going round a mini roundabout doing 10-15 mph the car slide sideways towards the kirb.Absolutley no way of stopping it,thumped the kirb both wheels at the same time.Front wheel lying about 40 degrees out,front wheel munched,back wheel ,well scraped.Phoned the garage for an update 2 new type r alloys on order,as well as a host of other suspention and steering bits and bobs.£2350 cost.Just as well i,ve got protected no claims.ps got a grand car from them.......a skoda fabia:(:(:(

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
That's bad news. Hope you get it sorted soon

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Sliding sideways against anything solid, for wheels \ suspension, is a real 'killer' ...

Order a 2nd. set of (winter) shoes as well, perhaps ? ...

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, quite a few people struggling with the condiions it seems; this is like the 10th time, literally, I've read of a bump, across the various forums I frequent.

I hope all is sorted soon.

Take it easy out there guys!

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Despite, the hard luck for most of the sensible drivers and a few choice idiots driving crazily given the conditions, I'm dreading what effect this winter'll have for CTR insurance premiums.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Sorry to hear about that :(

Nothing wrong with a fabia ;)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
i know how you feel, i did the same last year in my previous car, hope your civic's back on the road soon,

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Absolutley no way of stopping it,thumped the kirb...£2350 cost.Just as well i,ve got protected no claims.ps got a grand car from them.......a skoda fabia:(:(:(
It's sickening how such a small bump can be such a tedious chore to rectify. At least it was just metal.

nothing that a skip would not sort
skodalogo.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Going to work ,going round a mini roundabout doing 10-15 mph the car slide sideways towards the kirb.Absolutley no way of stopping it,thumped the kirb both wheels at the same time.Front wheel lying about 40 degrees out,front wheel munched,back wheel ,well scraped.Phoned the garage for an update 2 new type r alloys on order,as well as a host of other suspention and steering bits and bobs.£2350 cost.Just as well i,ve got protected no claims.ps got a grand car from them.......a skoda fabia:(:(:(
My lad did something similar last year in his R32 Golf, (4wd), it cost him a grand fortunately no damage to the alloys.

I feel for you, hope it gets sorted soon.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,625 Posts
poor civic, sorry to hear it mate, i went into a kerb at 5 mph and no damage, lucky boy, mostly all snow though

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
sorry to hear that mate..i was going to make a joke about you should get camber bolts to sort that camber out...but its not appropriate

hope you get it sorted soon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts