2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have noticed on quite roads and when stationary that the motor for the windscreen wipers is quite loud, and then today I pulled the lever towards me to spray the windscreen and the wipers wiped the window about 10 times rather than the usual 4 i think. Then when they had stopped they stopped diagonally across the window or vertically and not down by the bonnet :S ... So I pushed the lever up for mist, which is supposed to wipe once, it wiped the window about 10 times and then stopped again in the wrong place..

Has anyone experienced this, and or have any idea what it would cost to put right?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Yeah mine dose this aswel but only when its cold ie in winter ! Normally when they sit at awkward i switch the ignition off/on they they go back to the usual position ! Need to get it in and looked at ! Ive never heard the motor get louder tho :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
it happens to me i think is the switch in the motor so the motor needs changing but theres threads stating take off the wiper give it a clean and will resolve the problem

·
Registered
613 Posts
Not really but it's time consuming enough to get at it. Take off wipers, cowling under the windscreen, and you should see it there. Once it's out you'll see all the gunk around it, just clean that out with some white spirit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Any joy with this? Mine started doing exactly the same thing this morning. How easy was it to get to and did cleaning it work?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
It might be an idea to check that the wiper sensor area of the windscreen is clean before embarking on the motor clean.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I put up with the erratic behaviour for two winters, they stopped misbehaving when the weather warmed up after the first winter, only to start being even more naughty the following year; once the spring arrived they returned to normal......

I waited until a nice, warm otherwise-empty day and printed off the 'walkthru' that is somewhere on Civinfo, and armed with a plentiful supply of Marlboro and coffee I got stuck in.

It is fairly simple if you follow the mantra; I removed the whole rack mechanism and it did require removing a couple of further items bolted to the top of the engine to get the rack out and I am glad I put old blankets over the wings as I am sure I'd have marked the paint without!

I used meths to clean the grease out and cotton buds and kitchen roll wrapped over Starbucks wooden coffee stirrers to get everything out and didn't remove the plastic disc as others have broken things doing it.

Just remember to have a tube of silicon sealer and put a thin film around the edge of the black cover once completed to keep the moisture out.

No problems since.....

I'll try and find the posting I followed here and put a link up.

I'd allow a good couple of hours to do this at least as there's nothing worse than the pressure of failing light/ having to go to work etc etc......

Good luck

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts