2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I normally put my wipers to the 1st setting so they come on auto and speed up if they need to but recently they have been behaving strangely, when they are on auto and its raining they keep going faster then slower and not matching the force of the rain at all? Any ideas please?

;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but I will, is it the bit in front of the rear view mirror?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never noticed it before, I will give it a sprucing tomorrow thanks,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a thought, are the blades interchangeable from right to left? Driver wiper was smearing a little and I swapped (car going back soon...) could this be causing the issue?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
No, left and right blades are different.

Not sure if this should cause the problem you are describing though.

Perhaps now you don't have a blade cleaning over the sensor?
Not sure..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers bud, I will check tomorrow, how does the rain sensor work?
:)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
No, left and right blades are different.

Not sure if this should cause the problem you are describing though.

Perhaps now you don't have a blade cleaning over the sensor?
Not sure..
+1

Civics equipped with rain sensors have a longer driver side wiper blade than other Civics so it can reach the sensor. I'd hazard a guess that the wiper blade that's now on the driver side isn't long enough so the rain isn't being wiped off the sensor.

No idea how the sensor actually works though. I've wondered that a few of times myself.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Hello,

I normally put my wipers to the 1st setting so they come on auto and speed up if they need to but recently they have been behaving strangely, when they are on auto and its raining they keep going faster then slower and not matching the force of the rain at all? Any ideas please?

;)
Have a look around the site for many others with the same problem, you will probably need a new wiper motor.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Have a look around the site for many others with the same problem, you will probably need a new wiper motor.
Would have thought the symptoms the OP is getting point more towards a problem with the sensor, or perhaps a relay. Not really the motor.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
i have the same problem with my 2010/11 car.wiper speed doesnt match the rain,thinking of switching them off auto and using them manually,seems to work better that way.:mad:

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
i have the same problem with my 2010/11 car.wiper speed doesnt match the rain,thinking of switching them off auto and using them manually,seems to work better that way.:mad:
As above, do you have the correct blades installed?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Good idea - I've never seen any sense in auto wipers. Auto lights yes, but I don't think I'm ever going to be in any danger of forgetting to switch the wipers on if it's raining!;)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I find it the other way around lol.

My auto wipers work fine, they wipe exactly when needed and I don't have to keep fiddling with them, turning then between off, intermittant, normal and fast.

Auto lights however, sure they come on when they should when it's starts getting dark, but they don't compensate for bad weather etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts