2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas. So, as expected, after having my cutch greased to cure the creak, it's back already. Phoned Honda dealer today and she said they would apply to Honda to fit a new Master Cylinder...lets hope that cures the damn noise!

Noticed something else today which I think is OK, but wanted to see if anyone else has this.....when i was drying the car after washing, I noticed that the read indicator clusters were both slightly loose in the body. Yes the water gets in the gaps but this is well known....so i guess it's just a design issue...of the minor type?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm off outside to look at another Civic in the car park to have a feel of the clusters. As far as the clutch, Honda had to grease it first before agreeing to replace the Master Cylinder...surprising that they still do this and not find some kindof factory fix..it's a 2010 car so still a surprise

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
yeh mines a 59reg ctr, been regreased twice before, and i even told them about ongoing problems with master cylinder units with civinfo users. they said they will get authorisation from HUK for a new unit. i'm still waiting for a call. its stopped sqeaking for now but as soon as it comes back then i'll be on the phone.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i even told them the bulletin number, courtesy of this forum! so we're both waiting for the call :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts