2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the forums, I bought a 55 reg Civic Ex with 50k miles on. I have noticed there was a sort of grindy knocky noise coming from the rear just to the right of the passenger seat behind driver kind of behind the trim where the seatbelt hold is for where you clip the belt in to move the chairs. The trim has a bit of play there as opposed to the opposite side does not move at all. I have looked around the threads and saw it may be the wheel nuts not being tight but I checked them and they were. Anyone got any ideas? Its worse when driving the car slow. Its driving me mad cos its all I can think about when i'm driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sussed it methinks. It was where the rear seat connected to the car. It was rubbing, so when I was sat in it the noise went away. So I moved the seat out a fraction to get rid of the squeek. When someone sits in the seat it will relocate and lock in. Didn't know creeks and the like were an issue with Civics. Parkers and WhatCar said nothing of them in their reviews.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had my car car in for similar noise - I thought that it was the rear suspension but the dealer had a look and have said that it was due to the rear seat catch - they fitted a mod kit (a small rubber bumber each side) and it has made a huge difference!!

Nig.j

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the bad boy. Screw taking it to the dealer though i'll just wrap some self amalg tape around it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Guy's,

Same thing, only noticed it since the winter set in, it sounds like a knock from behind the rear seats occasionally when I go over a bump! Just about to pop to the dealers so i'll ask them too! :)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Check the Wiki
There is a bolt that needs to be reset (first loose, then tight)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Just had my car car in for similar noise - I thought that it was the rear suspension but the dealer had a look and have said that it was due to the rear seat catch - they fitted a mod kit (a small rubber bumber each side) and it has made a huge difference!!

Nig.j
had my car car in for similar noise.cleaning it to day found 1/2 roll of tape round rear seat catch.what a fix on a £18.000 car:???:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts