2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Would appreciate some advice please. I have a 2.2 08 diesel which has very low mileage. It had a master cylinder replaced under warranty (creaking clutch pedal). This recurred so they lubricated it.
Now the warranty has run out and the pedal is creaking again. Car is going in on Thurs for MOT and to have clutch investigated. I am not a car techie but I would like to know what to ask at the garage please? Have heard something about poor fixing of the master cylinder. Found a summary of a TSB on this site (Many thanks!). Honda wouldn't let me have the full TSB.
Would welcome any info and suggestions as to how I can look knowledgeable on Thurs. A 4 year old Honda shouldn't have this problem.
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Hello. Would appreciate some advice please. I have a 2.2 08 diesel which has very low mileage. It had a master cylinder replaced under warranty (creaking clutch pedal). This recurred so they lubricated it.
Now the warranty has run out and the pedal is creaking again. Car is going in on Thurs for MOT and to have clutch investigated. I am not a car techie but I would like to know what to ask at the garage please? Have heard something about poor fixing of the master cylinder. Found a summary of a TSB on this site (Many thanks!). Honda wouldn't let me have the full TSB.
Would welcome any info and suggestions as to how I can look knowledgeable on Thurs. A 4 year old Honda shouldn't have this problem.
Many thanks.
I had the same problem, the clutch pedal box was replaced as well as the master cylinder,mileage was approx 22500

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Xrv750. I will ask about pedal box tomorrow. This is a problem that they should have sorted out under warranty so I am feeling a bit annoyed by this clutch. Will let you know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.