2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this? If I move to get comfortable, the seat creaks but it's not a leather creak, it's internal to the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Anyone else had this? If I move to get comfortable, the seat creaks but it's not a leather creak, it's internal to the seat.
Nope, haven't got this issue on any of the 6 I have had.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Six! how come you've gone through that many Mk10's?? :surprise:
Been swopping every six months, had equity in my pcp plan so was able to.
State of car market and falling values have prevented me swooping this time

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes I was getting this for a few weeks there, dont have leather seats. Seems to have stopped so prob cause of change of weather

·
Registered
206 Posts
A reassuring leathery rustle is all, no creaks for me.

Hang on though, maybe there is a creaking, but I can’t hear it over the roof rattling!!>:)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a few on the FB Mk10 group who have this now. Someone said it was down to the adjustable lumbar support. I'll have to get it booked in soon as it's really irritating

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had this problem and fixed it myself.
I unzipped the back of the seat and found a metal rod which goes from one side of the back of the seat to the other. It sits on a frame and a metal rod goes through this frame and creaks. A dab of normal engine grease on each end did the trick for me.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't suppose I could trouble you for a photo of what you greased? I unzipped part of mine & there's a lot of bits in there!

·
Registered
89 Posts
It may take a while. I have just come out of hospital after caner surgery and now am recuperating.
Off memory, when you unzip the back of the seat (there are two zips just pushed under the leather bottom which pop out) the frame of the seat back is in front of you. It is held at the top by an aluminium rod which goes from the left of the seat to the right of the seat near the top. This rod goes through a hole in the frame of the back of the seat, one on the left and one on the right. It is this hole and the rod which causes the noise. A good dollop of engine grease in this hole does the job.
Don't worry about me, all the cancer was cut out successfully and there are no residual traces. It may be a little time before I am taking care of the Civic and driving it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts