2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly lets get this straight I AM NOT MOANING just asking does anyone else have this problem?

Everytime I changed gear today (only up through the gears not down) something is creaking, I think its coming from the base of the gear stick (the ball shaped bit) or it could be the whole plastic unit im not sure, its very annoying!!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Yes, I too have experienced, this - though, it has only occurred for the initial 5 - 10 minutes after starting the car up. I've put it down the the interior temperature being cold and this, perhaps, effecting the plastic casing around the gear box. It seems to disappear as soon as everything has warmed up.

I've not experienced any other mysterious creaking noises (unlike others) so I haven't been too concerned about it.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Firstly lets get this straight I AM NOT MOANING just asking does anyone else have this problem?

Everytime I changed gear today (only up through the gears not down) something is creaking, I think its coming from the base of the gear stick (the ball shaped bit) or it could be the whole plastic unit im not sure, its very annoying!!
Hi Topcat.

Are you sure its not when you push the clutch in. Mine had a terrible squeak, but they changed the master cylinder, and cured it.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I don't think its the clutch as it doesn't do it when I change down throught the gears, only up so it is only when I apply pressure forwards (if you see what i mean)

It is the only interior creak I have too so I am not too concerned but its weird how it just suddenly started, I will see how it goes I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts

did you find what it was ?????

·
Premium Member
525 Posts

Moan, groan or smash the phone,
It's no one's business but your own.
Don't apologise for your post...
As niggles go, you've had the most!

·
Registered
676 Posts
that wasn't very nice! I totally disagree you! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
that wasn't very nice! I totally disagree you! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
Why wasn't it very nice? Topcat is often chided for 'moaning'. It's not fair. To report problems is one of the reasons for having this site. Topcat should be allowed to 'moan' as much as anyone else.

·
Registered
421 Posts

He is saying feel free to moan and that because of the problems topcat has had she has every right to moan.
please read things properly before you have a go at someone. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
He is saying feel free to moan and that because of the problems topcat has had she has every right to moan.
please read things properly before you have a go at someone. :)
right... that was my poor english!!:oops::oops::oops::oops: sorry!!:D never mind!
how could I clear my post?:oops:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

This thread is a little old now, but ive just started getting this problem on mine, had it since may, 2500 miles.

This noise awoke my inner nerd who refuses to let small things go unsolved. I spent several mornings driving with the radio off, listening and pushing, holding different bits of the dash till i found it...

It turned out to be the silver plastic trim around the base of the gear stick. Solved by one used parking ticket ripped in half and pushed between the gap between the silver trim and the dark grey plastic underneath... Looks as neat as a dogs breakfast but does the job!

Would like to know if anyone has solved it properly though!?!?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts