2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Had my Civic a few weeks now and noticed a creaking noise coming from the rear passenger side. Seems to only do it after sitting overnight and only does it for about a minute after driving then goes away, almost as if it needs warmed up.

I had Andrew @ Automek have a look/listen this morning and he seemed to have diagnosed it, he thinks it's something to do with the rear anti-roll bar drop links and I should ask the dealership about it. He thinks he can fix it too if they won't. It's more just a niggle, nothing to worry about safety-wise. I know it'll do my box in though :(

Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issue?

Cheers

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
I've been told it's the things holding up the exhaust pipes that have loosened up... I asked my dealer to check it out and they fixed it, it was good for 1.5 years but it's doing it again now.

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phoned up the dealership and the guy basically told me that it is a common faults with Civics.

Apparently it's the shock absorbers at the back and they get a bit dry but they sort themselves after a minute or so of driving.

He said it's nothing to worry about but we'll see...

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
the suspension in general on the civic seems to be louder than most other cars (at least any other car Ive had)
Think of it as the car is telling you whats its doing!
Mine been like it since i got it in Janurary, has just flown through its MOT, and is due a service in 2 months so shall see what they say.....

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Phoned up the dealership and the guy basically told me that it is a common faults with Civics.

Apparently it's the shock absorbers at the back and they get a bit dry but they sort themselves after a minute or so of driving.

He said it's nothing to worry about but we'll see...
Also had this problem, got the shocks replaced under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts