2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Noticed a creaking noise, kind of a rubber creaking noise, the type I'd expect you to hear walking with rubber pants on when you legs rub etc :), only notice slow speeds reversing off drive, don't notice at speed but that could be road noise.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
every honda i have owned (4) has had creaky rear shocks :(
thanks, could be that but I'm not really a car techy so don't know, but just started happening now at 13k miles and never noticed it at all on last R which had til 14k.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yeap! mine does this too, and its worse first thing in the morning, or if the car has been left standing for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Hi

Noticed a creaking noise, kind of a rubber creaking noise, the type I'd expect you to hear walking with rubber pants on when you legs rub etc :), only notice slow speeds reversing off drive, don't notice at speed but that could be road noise.
Standard on our Civics and nothing to worry about. :D:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you all tolerate these noises though. Mine makes some awful clunks and rattles and god knows what else and I can't stand it. Not to mention the fuel tank when full! Im getting to the point Of not wanting to drive it anymore!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
How do you all tolerate these noises though. Mine makes some awful clunks and rattles and god knows what else and I can't stand it. Not to mention the fuel tank when full! Im getting to the point Of not wanting to drive it anymore!
I`ve got to say that after 4 years of driving pleasure my one is still as sweet as a nut and rattle free
:D:D

·
Premium Member
61 Posts

I must admit i do have squeaky rear shocks, to fix it....... turn the stereo up:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sufered creaky rear shocks over the winter. My car was only around 7 months old (a 10 plate Type S) so I had them replaced under warranty. Think the extremely cold (well for Scotland anyway) temperatures over the winter, potholes, rutted roads and presumably cold oil in the shocks led to my shocks going. They were initially creaky then ended up with a very offputting clunky/rattling noise whenever I went over uneven road surfaces. New shocks in January did the trick and the noise went away and hasn't returned as of yet. Good luck getting it sorted out.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Its the rear bushings needing lube. You did well to only start getting it after 13k miles!
Had my service last week and asked them to investigate, report back was squeeky rear bushings and they lubed them up. So far so good, but shall wait for the cold winter to come back to really test them.
Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts