2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a serious case of the squeaks and creaks since taking delivery of the car last Saturday. Went back to the dealers today for them to have a look - turns out that there was a securing clip missing from the head lining but putting this in hasn't completely cured the problem; although much reduced.

It will be spending a day next week having the head lining removed, checked and replaced. I can't fault the dealer at all - great service and very prompt attention; shame that Honda's much vaunted quality control was so obviously asleep at the wheel when that bit of the car was put together.

I'll keep you posted.

Chris

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I have a similar problem sounds like the noise is coming from behind the lights/blinds switch panel.
Maybe take it in for them to check it out.
It's very annoying!!!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car back from the dealers and now the roof lining does not creak. Good news! Unfortunately the guy that fixed it wasn't available so I don't know what was done but I do know that the service manager took a personal interest. Clearly if anyone else has a similar problem then it can be fixed.

Gold star to John Banks Honda of Ipswich.

Whilst the car was being seen to my wife and me took the opportunity for a bit of cycling, through Woodbridge and then on East. I can say with absolute certainty that it is possible to get two full sized road bikes in the middle of the car with the rear seats in the upright position. Had to take the two front wheels off but that is as expected given the width of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts