2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the pound is worth less at the moment ,but sales in everything are slowing down and im sure that car tuning sales have taken a knock also. I was wondering if there is any sign of tuning parts coming down, surly the makers have to sell to the shops cheaper to move on there products ? just thought it might have been a good time to ask for some discount ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quite the opposite actually.
People don't keep a stock of parts as you can't have capitol tied up on your shelf so things are brought to order and having the £ collapse against the yen and $ prices have gone stupidly high.

An example is EP3 GruppeM's going from about £450 + vat to now £600 in a few weeks!
JR supercharger kits have gone up £600!

Kits are still the same price from the manufacturers just you need more £££ to buy them.
Hope it settles down soon though so prices will return to normal.

You can get savings on labour though as that’s a time weighted thing so expect cheaper servicing and fitting.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The increases are due to the £ tanking on the exchanges

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess its not a bad thing the tuning boys are still doing good buisness,, its a shame wollys dont sell ECU's Might have got a good deal if they did.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well I guess its not a bad thing the tuning boys are still doing good buisness,, its a shame wollys dont sell ECU's Might have got a good deal if they did.
:D

I think most of the tuners are busy. TDi are fully booked until Christmas and don't seem to be slowing down.

Think a lot of it is down to target market. The CTR is often owned by single lads living at home with parents or young profesionals.
No mortgage, disposable income.

I wished!:rolleyes:

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
When I was at ABP Motorsport a few weeks ago they told me they were very busy at the moment. :)
My guess is that that side will slow down in 2009 , all car basesd accessories inc the big boys like Halfords are already slashing prices and a friend who works there is reporting a downturn in sales already compared to this time last year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts