2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last week or so it seems that more an more threads are starting to be filled with smutty an crude comments.

I am beginning to get the impression that the forum is starting to get members desperate for a cheap thrill and it doesnt make good reading.

Dont get me wrong I am not a prude but it is starting to get beyond a joke, there was a time when a bit of one off banter was funny but now it is just becoming boring and abhorrent.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
TC - and anyone else - please can you use the "report post"
button on anything you find "too much" and we can try and sort it out.

The off topic area is meant to be much more liberal, but if it is too liberal for some then maybe I should make some changes.

·
Administrator
19,184 Posts
Over the last week or so it seems that more an more threads are starting to be filled with smutty an crude comments.

I am beginning to get the impression that the forum is starting to get members desperate for a cheap thrill and it doesnt make good reading.

Dont get me wrong I am not a prude but it is starting to get beyond a joke, there was a time when a bit of one off banter was funny but now it is just becoming boring and abhorrent.
I think you have a point TC! I like a good 'carry on' laugh but we are on border line now.

Pottsy, I think using the Report button is a little harsh and really targets a particular person which may not be necessary because it could be the general tone of the thread. I personally like your view that you would like to moderate as little as possible and I think on this issue each of us have our own limits and I think targeting one person could be unfair.

Maybe it is time for us ALL to take a step back and think about what we say and what threads we start.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Trouble is TC, what's boring and abhorrent for one person may not be for another.
IMO, as long as the topic does not offend anyone and doesnt descend into a slanging match, then it does no harm.
Reporting a post is the best way to pass on your private views to a moderator. They can then decide.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Indeed - when you report a post, all that happens is that the mods are informed. The poster is not.

We can then have a look, and do something (or nothing).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts