2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My 2013 9th gen 1.8 Civic's cruise control stopped working and I'm not sure what the problem is. I press the "main" button and the Cruise Control indicator comes on but when I press the "Set" button the speed doesn't set anymore. This started on the 17th of December 2018. The speed limiter works perfectly fine though.

When I 1st discovered this, I found a safe spot to stop and switched off the car and restarted it. I tried setting the cruise control again and it set for about 3 to 5 seconds then the set speed disappeared again and it never worked since.

Someone please advise.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Have a look at the switches on the brake pedal (and clutch pedal if there is one), if it/ is stuck in or being press on too much it will think you are either braking or changing gear and therefore cancelling it.
I have this happen on our FRV sometimes, a couple of pumps of the brake and brake pedal fixes it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that really helped. I actually had to physically go in and press in the brake pedal switch in and out with my finger then it worked.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol...nah I wasn't driving, I started the engine while the car was parked, i pressed in the brake pedal (so I could gain access to the sensor) with one hand and the sensor with the other. That confused the ECU and all sorts of lights came on the dash. I simply stepped on the brake pedal with my foot this time and released and all the dash lights went off. Then I went for a test drive and the CC was working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts