2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

So I had an issue with my cruise control where it would work intermittently then just packed up entirely, I found the fault to be caused but one of the clutch switches which I tested on a multimeter.

I have replaced the clutch switch and works evertime now without fail, also I did have issues with the squeaky clutch which normally i would douse with lube but since changing the switch seems to have disappeared so would assume that it was linked.

I have made a quick YouTube video showing the faulty part in question.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
You can normally spray contact cleaner inside the switch down the side of the plunger. A load of black crap will come out and it'll normally start working again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hondacivicnut I did try cleaning it up everywhere possible with electrical cleaner and just wouldn't have it unfortunately.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did u push the plunger down and spray inside that with electrical cleaner. Hondacivicnut told me three times till I realised what he meant and when I did do it, it fixed the problem entirely :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there, sorry for reviving an old thread. Where did you get the switch and for how much (if not from Honda). Thanks mate!

·
Super Moderator
2,200 Posts
think I have issue with my clutch switch
when on cruise control it don't knock off when using clutch it does when you touch the brake pedal though

mine is a 9g mind

·
4,189 Posts
I'm fairly certain that changing gear, thus using the clutch, does not switch off ACC on my 10G. That's without going out to double check, but I will later and report back.
Touching the brake pedal certainly does.

·
Super Moderator
2,200 Posts
I'm fairly certain that changing gear, thus using the clutch, does not switch off ACC on my 10G. That's without going out to double check, but I will later and report back.
Touching the brake pedal certainly does.
did wonder if it was a feature
any other in the past even my old accord knocked off with the clutch as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts