2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
As the topic implies, my cruise control fails to engage. I know the rules in order to be able to use it (over 44kmh, gear in the gearbox, over 1400 rpm, don't touch the brake or the clutch pedal:popcorn:) so be sure it's not my fault.

Problems started after changing break disks at the front and all four break pads at an unauthorized dealer 6 months before. Since then occasionally i wasn't able to engace the cc, so i put the gear to neutral and putted in again the gear and most times was ok at once.

But today i tried millions of times with no success...:police:
Ismanyone aware of such a problem?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
If it worked when you put it in neutral and back in gear I'd say it's a faulty sensor on the clutch pedal that has been getting progressively worse and has now gone altogether.

In other words, the sensor is reading incorrectly, reporting that the clutch pedal is pressed in, so the cruise control won't engage.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Try the 1 hour battery disconnect - often fixes electronic 'glitches' - if it's not (as above) a faulty sensor ...

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try the 1 hour battery disconnect - often fixes electronic 'glitches' - if it's not (as above) a faulty sensor ...
So i just dsconnect the battery for an hour? Can i see the clutch sensor? Also, is there a gearbox sensor that also could be faulty?

No problems as i can tell with vsa or abs..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts