2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, my cruise control does not work...

It worked 6 month ago when I put it in the garage over the winter, when I took the car out last month for the first drive, the cruise did not work anymore...

Help ?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,283 Posts
Hi there, my cruise control does not work...

It worked 6 month ago when I put it in the garage over the winter, when I took the car out last month for the first drive, the cruise did not work anymore...

Help ?
Might be the cruise control switch. It activates when the clutch pedal is at the top of it's travel by pushing a plunger.

The switch can be seen on this thread.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/99643-how-adjust-clutch-biting-point-fn2.html

17mm to remove and swap and very cheap from a scrap yard.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,283 Posts
Could be also, I only suggest as my CC switch seized so wouldn't turn off if when the clutch was pressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a 2.2 diesel?
in the diesel version the cruise control uses the DPF to keep the speed constant.
it happened to me that after a long stop of 2 months in garage the DPF got filled with soot as soon as i started the engine and the cruise control wasn't working anymore

·
Registered
358 Posts
I also lost my cruise control on my type r. I'm wondering if the is a way to bypass the switches to find the culpit? If i understand it correctly. When the putton on either switch is pressed, the circuit is closed, and it allows the cruise control to work. Would it not be possible to to short the circuit with a paperclip to test either switches to find the one that is flawed?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It worked in oct-nov, then winter came. I took the car out in April, now the cruise wont "kick" in, I have cruise main light but when I press "SET" nothing happens...

In winter I installed a 2- din stereo with Connects2 steering wheel adapter wiring, have someone have issues that the cruise wont work when you change stereo ?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The switch is not broken , I checked all the fuses under the dashboard and all was okay.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Dtc should write errors on tacho. There should be some error if cruise not working. (Something like B1155...)
Also gauge diagnostic will write some error if peoblem with tacho.

Tacho in civic is also standalone some kind of ecu.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The cruise worked before winter (november), when I took out the car in April it didn't work anymore...

I have installed a 2-din stereo in the winter but that adapter should not be a problem for the cruise, a friend of mine has the same adapter and it works on his car. Connects2 Ltd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts