2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

Does anybody knows if cruise control can be bought as an aftersale option for a 1,4 sport ?
And how much does it takes ?

Thanks for your reactions.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
don't know, is the short answer sorry :(

But I have had OEM cruise retro fitted on another car before - new stalk and 'talking' to the car via ODBC.

Unfortunately, cruise controls are on the steering wheel on the Civic though, so might be a bit more complicated... :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
I Fitted cruise to my audi a3, but it was an option and pre programmed in the ecu just needed turning on, if it`s not an option then chances are there is no programme in the ecu.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I Fitted cruise to my audi a3, but it was an option and pre programmed in the ecu just needed turning on, if it`s not an option then chances are there is no programme in the ecu.
good point - that's exactly what was done to mine (also Audi, but TT - some would say the same car in a dress :wink:)

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Once youve had it - you never want to be without!

I'm interested in fitting a retro kit if one ever becomes available. I noticed a site quoting for a VW Golf at just under £200 :( for a genuine kit inc fitting. Is this repressentitive?

I would do it myself but if it needs something switching on in the ECU it may be 'restrictive' (unless I can find a friendly Honda dealer :) or the tech info!)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
sounds like the right price for a VW / Audi job :)

It really is pretty straight forward on them - hardest / scariest part is taking off the steering wheel to fit the new stalk.
Involves getting up cose and personal to the airbag....

Once that's done, it's just a job of plugging in the PC, hitting a tick box or two on the ECU and job's a goodun :)

But as civicsport mentioned, the program is already there on them, just waiting to be turned on.
It may or may not be the case on the Civ :(

What have you got on the right hand 'spoke' of your steering wheel?
As that is where the cruise buttons go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the buttons of the boardcomputer at the right of the steeringwheel.
If there comes an OEM Honda cruisecontrolkit, I'm sure it will have all the features to change the buttons on the steeringwheel.
IF IT COMES OFFCOURSE...?!

·
Registered
246 Posts
To be perfectly honest I hardly ever use cruise control. The motorways around Manchester do not lend themselves to cruise control as you have to change speed so often.
Saying that I used cruise control in France during my summer hols and it worked a treat on almost empty motorways.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
......cose and personal to the airbag....

....What have you got on the right hand 'spoke' of your steering wheel?
As that is where the cruise buttons go.

As long as you are careful and follow the instructions and disconnect the power - the airbag 'should' be harmless [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Right spoke - just the 'Sel' and 'Info' buttons.

Although the steering wheel is the ideal place and the Honda bits dont go on the stalk - mounting the switch gear somewhere else wouldnt upset me too much. I sure dont want to go and buy a new steering wheel - unless its got a nice red badge in the middle :)

Oh - and I find Cruise Control is a licence saver, so why I didnt go for it..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts