2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

So just wondering... does cruise control use more petrol? in my opinion its a good gadget especially when you drive very long distances...

I've traveled from london to manchester and without cruise i can use alittle more than 1/3 tank of petrol... with cruise on most of the way I can use alittle less than 1/2 of a tank...

is it me using it wrong or is cruise a gas gussler?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
The most economical way to drive is have your right foot at a constant position. (don't lift it when going down hills and don't press it when going up hills) i.e. constant throttle position rather than constant revs or constant speed.

CC will try and keep your car at a constant speed so will use more fuel when going up hills - where as manually (keeping your right foot position static) you would slow down but use no more fuel.

what I am trying to say is - CC uses more fuel then manual but you have to be very strict with the position of your right foot which is very hard to do. I tried and gave up so CC all the way for me and it's more fuel efficient and my right foot doesn't suffer from cramp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My diesel gets way better fuel economy when using cruise, I have a very light foot but the cruise at times it way better than that :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts