2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys need your help

Went on holiday for 10 days car never moved on returned it drove 300 metres and conked out.

Called recovery and errors that come up on diagnostic was P0087 - fuel rail pressure too low and p1065 low fuel pressure. Was advised to get fuel filter replaced this was done today still the same won't start

If u pump the fuel primer it will work at a max of 2000 revs then after 6 seconds cuts out hen u leave it. The guy bled the system so the fuel is getting to the pistons. The glow plugs are now flashing all time however been told is irrelevant

I use the same fuel station all time and the vehicle is run daily ..

anyone help ???? Please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok a wee update.

Someone with diagnostic equip checked car today

Hi there fuel filter was changed still not starting

2 things stood out on real time analysis !!!! No codes anymore

Rail pressure is 0 mpa on crank

Target fuel pressure is 30 which it's getting

Fuel rail control pressure control valve duty should be 38- 64 % it's at 39 % at cranking it did peak

Anyone got anymore ideas ?

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Ok a wee update.

Someone with diagnostic equip checked car today

Hi there fuel filter was changed still not starting

2 things stood out on real time analysis !!!! No codes anymore

Rail pressure is 0 mpa on crank

Target fuel pressure is 30 which it's getting

Fuel rail control pressure control valve duty should be 38- 64 % it's at 39 % at cranking it did peak

Anyone got anymore ideas ?
has anyone loosened the high pressure pipe on top of fuel pump while cranking see how much fuel pressure at that point. if none then fuel pump suspect. if loads of pressure then rail relief valve or sensor issue, are you sure that there is not a air leak on fuel pipe and while not used the fuel drains back in to tank and is replaced with air,, air in system will gives those codes... to bleed these you'll need to loosen banjo on pump and squeeze bleed ball, the pump most have fuel before cranking it, because it will damage the pump if dry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had similar problems on my civic 2.2 diesel. Engine stopped working if over 3200rpm and the same error codes. Today has replaced fuel sender pump in fuel tank and all problems just gone. Car is very smooth when accelerating weak fuel senden pump do not deliver enough fuel.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
I had similar problems on my civic 2.2 diesel. Engine stopped working if over 3200rpm and the same error codes. Today has replaced fuel sender pump in fuel tank and all problems just gone. Car is very smooth when accelerating weak fuel senden pump do not deliver enough fuel.
There isn't a fuel pump in the tank on the 8th gen with the i-CTDi engine. The 9th gen iDTEC does have one though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Of course there is coz i had it in my hand �� Or check ebay for fuel sender pump civic 2.2 so you will see how it looks. It is a white plastic pump is in fuel tank and then it pump fiuel through fuel filter to high pressure pump

·
Registered
14 Posts
Of course there is coz i had it in my hand �� Or check ebay for fuel sender pump civic 2.2 so you will see how it looks. It is a white plastic pump is in fuel tank and then it pump fiuel through fuel filter to high pressure pump
Did your problems return or did the sender pump fix the problem

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
getting it started by pumping the primer bulb suggests it is a pressure problem but the thing is
is it pump or a leak drawing air in
can you keep it running if you get someone to keep pumping the primer

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Is it an OEM Fuel Filter you used? There have been problems with people using aftermarket on the 2.2.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts