2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post here. Just bought a 2007 CRV with the built in satnav.

I've scoured the net looking for how I can play my ipod through it and am still getting nowhere. Anyone help please? So far all i've seen is add-ons for £200 involving me ripping out the stereo, etc, which I'm far from keen on.

Can anyone advise on if it's at all possible? Ideally controllable via steering wheel too.

I've read about XCarlink, about leads, about memory cards (don't think my model takes memory cards).

Even the worls wide web can't help so if anyone here can I'd be hugely grateful - thank you!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Reactions: IanHislam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks i'll look into it. no idea about the cd changer in my car, i'm not very technical, and am not really wanting to rip the satnav out in order to connect something new, but this is a new one on me so i'll take a look.

many thanks for taking the time to reply - anyone else?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Or for a tenner + P+P you could always buy my pcmcia CF reader and two CF cards it integrates with the nav brilliantly well and you can leave it in the headunit and forget about it.

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
er...

as far as I am aware there is no way of putting memory cards into the built in sat nav for my 2007 CRV?

nothing in the manual about it whatsoever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check when I get home but I don't think it flips down like that - it's just a touch screen sat nav I believe. It's a CRV 2007 but the top of the range version - my in-laws bought it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also there is absolutely nothing in the satnav manual that even mentions mp3, or memory cards, or anything like that. Just AM/FM and CD.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done that and there is nothing. Just a CD space and a DVD/Map disc space.

There is no space for a memory card, no aux port, nothing.

Can someone please advise? Gutted if I can't play my music on what is a great car.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Do use a favore son take a pic of the head unit with the door closed as im not familiar with that at all mate

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Ah mystery solved you have a mark2 i didnt see that coming with you saying it was a 2007 as they started to produce the mark3 in 2006.
Yes pal unfortunately mate I do suspect your options are limited I had a mk3 and the nav in that is a newer model i'll have to let someone else advise as I have no experience with this model im afraid sorry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Appreciate you trying. Father-in-law told me this was top of the range top spec when he bought it so I assumed this was a common satnav.

Hard to believe even in 2007 they didn't facilitate at all for MP3.

How much would I be looking at roughly to totally upgrade the satnav and does it come with consequences?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Appreciate you trying. Father-in-law told me this was top of the range top spec when he bought it so I assumed this was a common satnav.

Hard to believe even in 2007 they didn't facilitate at all for MP3.

How much would I be looking at roughly to totally upgrade the satnav and does it come with consequences?
to be quite truthful the world is your oyster there son there are loads of aftermarket jobbies out there, i hated the standard civic one after having the satnav in my crv so it was one of the first mods I did
I bought a sony double din that would drop straight into where your sat nav is, there are no down sides mate only upsides it all depends on how deep your pockets are really mate
personally I bought mine off gumtree and paid £300 for what is essentially a or was a year old £700 unit that ultimately leaves the standard stereo for dead in terms of sound and usability plus the unit I bought comes with a tom tom module so it has tom tom navigation too, win win.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can no-one else help? Is it really the case that I have a top spec 2007 CRV yet cannot play my ipod without ripping out an entire built in sat nav system and replacing it, costing me hundreds of pounds?!! Surely not. Especially as any old crappy car with a cassette player can play ipod!!!

Help!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Your best bet is to fit a Parrot MKi 9100 or 9200 using one of these looms

In Car Entertainment, Bluetooth & Multimedia fitting solutions and interfaces

Your radio comes out very very easily, 2 screws under the air vents, dash surround pulls away, unplug hazard switch. Then 4 screws and stereo out.

You could fit an fm modulator type adapter, but I've have issues with these inc interference and/or radio reception issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. Sorry to sound dumb but

1) how much would this cost?
2) best to get a honda dealer to do it or joe bloggs?
3) will i still ipod music via steering wheel controls?
4) long term is this good or bad for performance/value of my car?

Was hoping I wouldn't have to replace but instead just purchase an 'add-on'.

Also I have some kind of power socket but at the back of the car, can I do anything there or not?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts