Votes: 27 64.3%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS most of you may know by now I'm waiting for my CTR GT in Crystal Black
According to the sales rep, Honda does not make CTRs in NHB anymore as from 09MY onwards, is this true?

I will be happy either way but does anypne have any pictures to compare both colours?
I know it probably wont be visible in pics but maybe in direct sunlight

If you have seen both please share your UNBIASED :D opinion with us

Cheers

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
AS most of you may know by now I'm waiting for my CTR GT in Crystal Black
According to the sales rep, Honda does not make CTRs in NHB anymore as from 09MY onwards, is this true?

I will be happy either way but does anypne have any pictures to compare both colours?
I know it probably wont be visible in pics but maybe in direct sunlight

If you have seen both please share your UNBIASED :D opinion with us

Cheers
The sales rep is correct.

You won't be able to tell from photos on here the difference as well. I remember see some pics where a member has fitted the new type S rear spoiler in CBP to a NHB car .......... his photos were quite close and you couldn't tell.

Hope that helps.

Regarding the vote, they are both great colours ;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Crystal Black looks very similar to NHB, but paint quality of Crystal is better than NHB.

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to what my dealer told me, NHB has a slight greenish tint and CB is a simple black but with a sparkly finish in sunlight. I can confirm the sparkly bit- all different colours on mine. I haven't seen one against the other though.

Car looks very good in black of either shade, I think. The Accord comes in CB and has for a year or two, I'm told.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crystal Black looks very similar to NHB, but paint quality of Crystal is better than NHB.
HOw do you know the quality is better?
Did you mean it looks better or is it less prone to stone chips?
You might be opening a :worms: !

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
What we need is some clever bods on here to take close up (macro) pics of the paint effect in sunlight. What I've read above is the CBP sounds nice.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
I have a NHB Civic, and I drove a crystal black civic for two days whilst my civic was getting some work done at the dealers.

I don't know about the quality of the paint, but I much prefer my NHB. When it's clean and polished up, the sunlight reflects little blue sparkles in the black paint. Looks stunning. The crystal black was also sparkly in the sunlight but not as much as my NHB and not blue flecks.

I hope this helps a bit?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I have a NHB Civic, and I drove a crystal black civic for two days whilst my civic was getting some work done at the dealers.

I don't know about the quality of the paint, but I much prefer my NHB. When it's clean and polished up, the sunlight reflects little blue sparkles in the black paint. Looks stunning. The crystal black was also sparkly in the sunlight but not as much as my NHB and not blue flecks.

I hope this helps a bit?
Now I'm leaning back to NHB ..... doh!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
A few months ago I had a collection of Hondas on the drive, including a Crystal and Nighthawk black:

collection.jpg

I thought this question might come up, so I tried to take some shots of the difference. They came out a bit poor, and to be honest the difference was so small I wondered for a bit whether there actually was a difference!

As has been said above, the NHB has lots of blue fleck. The Crystal black (XB?) seemed to have less fleck, and it reflected a range of colours. You could only see the difference when reflecting direct sunlight, and then the difference was small.

black_nhb.jpg black_xtal.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts