2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hello,

Tomorrow I'm getting my new ride :popcorn:

Civic 1.8AT EXE... can't wait...

I feel the same as you do, but I'm in luck I will get my new ride today (after work)

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Great- how do you like the performance and power of the 1.8 AT? Not sure if I find it a bit lacking myself.
Depends how you drive.

For a normal everyday driver who changes gear at rpm I would of traded my car in a week after buying. However of you bounce off the redline in every gear this is where it feels fairly quick!

Don't get me wrong it's no ctr but it is fairly quick for what it is its just all up past the 4k rev range

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11.3 sec to 100km/h is not good, but before buying i tried a 2 day test drive- it's not so bad as written on paper :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Depends how you drive.

For a normal everyday driver who changes gear at rpm I would of traded my car in a week after buying. However of you bounce off the redline in every gear this is where it feels fairly quick!

Don't get me wrong it's no ctr but it is fairly quick for what it is its just all up past the 4k rev range
But taking an engine to red line very often is not good, is it?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Honda engines are made for this sort of thing, look at the type R they love being at the red line haha

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
My bad your talking about 9th gen!!!

Taking a honda engine to redline regularly wont hurt it as long as you dont sit there and keep bouncing off it. Honda engines are made to be revved hence their torque and power curve goes up so high into the rev range.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Honda engines are made for this sort of thing, look at the type R they love being at the red line haha
Shouldn't one stay at 4,300 rpm for max torque and acceleration? I mean, the torque decreases above 4,300 as this is torque peak rev. And how does one define if an engine loves to be rev'ed? I hear it a lot but uncertain how it "comes out"?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Shouldn't one stay at 4,300 rpm for max torque and acceleration? I mean, the torque decreases above 4,300 as this is torque peak rev. And how does one define if an engine loves to be rev'ed? I hear it a lot but uncertain how it "comes out"?
YOu cant stay at 4300rpm as youll need to gear change and then it drops way below optimum.

Honda engines are manufactured to be revvy they like it hence vtec

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, with the paddles, I could do my best to keep it at 4,300. You are saying there is a lot of torque at high revs too?

But driving like that consumes extra petrol.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Well, with the paddles, I could do my best to keep it at 4,300. You are saying there is a lot of torque at high revs too?

But driving like that consumes extra petrol.
yes it will use extra petrol and hondas tend to pull better at top.

you said it feels slow so im telling you how to make it drive quicker and utilise its power not how to economy drive. if you wanted torque and to "feel" quick you should of got a turbo or a diesel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts