2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellooooo

I wonder can you quote me for a new headlight for the CRZ.
I hear they should only be above £200...mine has snapped in side and my dealer doesn't wanna sort it out...so I have to do it :(

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee be gentle :)

Also it's the drivers side

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Hi Neo, what exactly has broken?

Cheers

Andy.

Oh and just to prepare you the the complete headlamps are nearer £400!
What!!! I hope you got protectors on them at that price![smilie=smack.gif]

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Erm it's the area that holds the whole bulb in place, don't think the part itself is available so need a new headlight I believe..

Unfair to be honest it should be covered by warranty..

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Erm it's the area that holds the whole bulb in place, don't think the part itself is available so need a new headlight I believe..

Unfair to be honest it should be covered by warranty..

How did you notice it was missing? Call honda UK and explain how angry you are about it.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driving home one night noticed the light wasn't on...checked it out the ignitor and bulb was loose...dealer said it's not covered by warranty and also the other problems to get sorted won't be since I left it too long..

I sat for months waiting on calls back etc and for nothing so they won't help

I'm furious thinking of it and how bad the service is..sigh rant over
Yesterday I took the liberty of taking to bumper off to remove the headlight to see what was really wrong so yeah such a silly little thing

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
So we're assuming that the light didn't come assembled properly from the factory, and it's not covered by warranty?

I think it's to the point of a call to Honda UK bud.

That is beyond acceptable that you should be expected to pay for that.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer told me they won't cover it as I could have broke it myself, that's bit of a joke if I did try change the bulbs how could that have happened. It's the exact same housing as the civic which I've changed a million times..I've just kind if lost faith in Honda..afraid to do anything as it will just piss me off more

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
Hi soz mate been a bit manic, I'll get u a price tomorrow. I personally would try another dealer 1st and a call to Honda Eire to get it sorted.

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Dealer told me they won't cover it as I could have broke it myself, that's bit of a joke if I did try change the bulbs how could that have happened. It's the exact same housing as the civic which I've changed a million times..I've just kind if lost faith in Honda..afraid to do anything as it will just piss me off more
That's tosh.

Even if you did break it they should be replacing it. If it breaks while you are using it as described in the manual, then it is not your fault. The light has failed.

If you'd been trying to force a different sized bulb in with a screwdriver, then yeah, no warranty.

Get onto Honda Eire bud and tell them to sort the dealer out while they are at it.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im sure it's Honda uk I would have to speak to.
Guys I've tried at least 3 different dealers I'm now on my 4th..they all seem to fail bad
2nd one was that bad they lost they're licensing for Honda
But I think I can source a headlight from America for $400 ha

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Im sure it's Honda uk I would have to speak to.
Guys I've tried at least 3 different dealers I'm now on my 4th..they all seem to fail bad
2nd one was that bad they lost they're licensing for Honda
But I think I can source a headlight from America for $400 ha
Will it not have a different beam pattern with them driving on the other side of the road?

Thing is though bud, you really shouldn't have to. I think you're just being fobbed off, it is a warranty claim.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Driving home one night noticed the light wasn't on...checked it out the ignitor and bulb was loose...dealer said it's not covered by warranty and also the other problems to get sorted won't be since I left it too long..

I sat for months waiting on calls back etc and for nothing so they won't help

I'm furious thinking of it and how bad the service is..sigh rant over
Yesterday I took the liberty of taking to bumper off to remove the headlight to see what was really wrong so yeah such a silly little thing
if you do have to pay for this yourself and you say its the same as a civic cant you buy a second hand civic light sand just unscrew the silver part and swap them over?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
That's tosh.

Even if you did break it they should be replacing it. If it breaks while you are using it as described in the manual, then it is not your fault. The light has failed.

If you'd been trying to force a different sized bulb in with a screwdriver, then yeah, no warranty.

Get onto Honda Eire bud and tell them to sort the dealer out while they are at it.
Absolutely! A bulb is a consumable part and therefore it's holder should be more than strong enough to withstand the bulb being removed several times during the life time of the car! Get Honda UK involved.... do not accept this!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rick I meant replacing bulbs is the same as the civic, the housing would then need to be ripped apart just to get at the piece.
Hmm worrying now the part from the states could have a different beam pattern never thought of that.
I don't have time to call Honda today..don't really want to either as it annoys me with the thought of it.
Don't think anything I can say would make them fix it..I've other problems with the car that won't be sorted under warranty, I'm taking this as learning to not be too excited when getting the car and inspect even more thoroughly

This is what's annoying me too, everytime I come back on this forum I'm yapping about something wrong >_< grr I'm sorry everyone :(

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Go on Neo..dont back down..

Still think you broke it though lol..oj oj..def call honda uk..the dealers you went too are obviously useless

1 - 20 of 40 Posts