2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm inclined to suspect the EGR valve but occasionally, under light throttle (usually as I'm easing my foot on from no throttle), I get a "misfire" and then car accelerates as normal. I usually cover 90 miles a day and some days I don't experience it at all and sometimes a few times over the day. Never experienced it with enough throttle to turn out the Eco lights.

I know misfires don't apply to diesels but that's the best way I can explain it ;)

EGR valve or is this something someone else has experienced they can shed some light on?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's been coming up for ages on the accord forum but I think it's probably because the accord has had the ICTDI lump since 2004 so those cars have done a few miles now.. It's normally just down to these cars not been driven properly i.e. just short start stop journeys or low revs without a proper 'tune up - italian stylee' every once in a while.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yep it's a flutter rather than a misfire, and it's your EGR valve or IMRC solenoid (part of the EGR loop).

This is the first thing our customers report is solved when we map them out.
What are the consequences of disabling the EGR? Surely they are fitted for good reason? I ask as I also suffer from this problem.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. As long as it's just EGR.

I've only covered 1000 miles in it since I've had it a couple of weeks ago and no idea how it was driven by previous owner.

I do all A and B roads with a few miles of town each day but it spends most of it's time under 2000rpm. I'll take it for a run on the weekend ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well managed to take a graph of EGR Commanded and EGR Error this afternoon.

Despite the EGR command not moving much away from 30% for the most part, the error seems quite jittery. As much as -100% out very briefly in places. Took these readings every 2 seconds. Orange line is the error and blue is commanded value.

What a great idea EGRs are :rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.