2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a remap with EGR and DPF delete from Celtic and it works nicely, except that after 1500km approx. the big warning lamp came on saying I needed an active regen.. I looked in the HDS and it said that the last successful regen was 1750km ago.. before the remamp. The measured pressure differential was at 0 (of course as there is now nothing inside the DPF) but it is still counting up an ash level PM (I assume by looking at how much fuel, km and time since last regen). Celtic have come up with offering a refund as I am in Italy and too far away to help, but I wanted to know if it is going to be as simple as telling HDS to reset the warning every 1500km or not.

Thing is, I believe I am getting random increases in fuel consumption. Yesterday I drove 200km and it said 5.2km/100km but on the way back 5.6, and this happened last week too. I think it is trying constantly to regen and just chucking in fuel..

Does anyone have experience with this?

I'd like to know..

1)How can I tell if regen is happening? So I can monitor it. If I put the clutch in on the motorway will it show an rpm difference if in regen for example? Is there anything I can look at in HDS or my phone on the ELM OBD?
2)Could it be a result of Celtic using a British car for their setup? I heard the UK car had no DPF.
3)If the PM counter is going up? How do tuners normally get past this? Does it just keep going up and up and the ECU ignores it? Or is it somehow fiddled so it doesn't increase?

thanks for any replies

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi!

I have a lot of experience with forced regens with a regular DPF setup.

There are basically two different warning lights: DPF icon with a "!" added and without one.
When you get the one without the exclamation mark, you can keep driving >60kph (but not at a too high speed) and the light should deactivate after some minutes.
Once the "!" icon comes up, there will be no passive regen happening from there on at all. So there is no point looking for signs of that.
If you are currently resetting the PM value manually via HDS and it's working, you could keep doing that in the meantime I guess because the value is artificial without a DPF.

1) if there is a passive regen in progress, the current fuel consumption in idle rpm will go up considerably. The sound will change to a deeper, constant "grumbling" sound. Sometimes you can smell it, too.
2) no idea
3) no idea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked them the same questions, they just said that they have looked again at the file and cant find a problem. They said if I was closer they would investigate. I couldn't get any more out of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Ranger, I took a photo of the error, its a huge icon which fills the central graphic area showing a "fart" image followed by "DPF REGENERATION REQUIRED" no "!" and it didn't go away by itself after a hundred or so Km of motorway.

When I push the clutch the rpm always drops back to 820, but I am on motorway and so cannot hear\smell anything. I have been monitoring the consumption very carefully and I dont think that since I reset the PM it is doing any regen. When it counts back to I think 15PPM I assume the error will pop up again and I will look again for the fuel economy. Problem was, last time it was not me driving the car when it happened, it was an MPG mixed up with city driving and all sorts plus she has a heavy foot..

It might be that it just needs reseting when it happens, which is annoying but not really a problem. If there was a way for it to stop counting up the PM then I think it might fix it. Surely it is a normal thing to deal with by companies like Celtic to cancel it. If they gave me more info then it could be better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts